ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) appropriate salary switch from Tier 4

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

slzm900701
Newly Registered
China

Tier 2 (General) appropriate salary switch from Tier 4

Post by slzm900701 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi, I am confused by the tier 2 “appropriate salary “. I noted that a Tier 2 switch from Tier 4 is considered to be a 'new entrant' (rather than an 'experienced worker').

As in my situation, I had previous tier 2 (general) for 3 years, I got paid as a new entrant for 3 years, unfortunately, my salary didn’t reach to an experienced level

Now I am under tier 4 student visa, but my previous employer still wanna me work for them after finishing my studies in April 2020, and I do want to stay in this country as well. Im wondering , if I would switch from tier 4 to tier 2 (general) once I finished my studies in April 2020, as I don’t think my employer will pay me with an experienced level salary, will home office approve the application that I still got paid with a new entrant salary? I will be 30 years old tier 4 student in April 2020 by the way.

below are my previous and current visa history:

July 2014 to Jan 2016: First Tier 4 visa
Jan 2016 to Dec 2018: Tier 2 (general): 3 years
Jan 2019 to Apr 2020: Second Tier 4 Visa
Apr 2020 to afterwards: going to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2(general)

Truly appreciate If anyone could provide some information from home office, that will be very helpful. Thank you guys.