ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone help me to understand if I'm eligible and for what?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Can someone help me to understand if I'm eligible and for what?

Post by dzevel5 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Before explaining my specific case, I'd like to say that I've read all over and tried to find an answer, but couldn't find one that match to mine.
The Gov website suggest that I can apply after 3 years if my spouse is British, but need ILR/PR/Settled/resident card etc so I wanted to ask here if someone can please help me to finally understand.
I'm asking in advance since my employer want me to clarify these things.

I've arrived to UK at January 2015 and work as a permanent employee since then. documents that I hold:
1. NI tax record full year paid for each year (4 for now) as per below (copy paste from HMRC my account)
2018-19 Your record for this year is not available yet
2017-18 Full year
2016-17 Full year
2015-16 Full year
2014-15 Full year

2. P60 records: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and in less than 3 months 2019 (5 total)
3. Proof of address for each year: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 (Utility bills)
4. I allready applied before for Registration certificate and received this document confirming my resident here (not a PR, just registration certificate)
5. My wife and my kids are British (from birth) - not sure if it makes any difference
6. I have Polish passport

- Can I already apply to anything? if so, to what?
- Should I apply for Pre-Settlement at March when the service will be available? or wait till January 2020?
- If I must or should wait until January 2020, then after this date I'll be PR automatically if I apply or else it takes time?
- Considering my circumstances, once I have the PR then I need to wait 1 more year to apply for citizenship even though my spouse and kids are British?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can someone help me to understand if I'm eligible and for what?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:11 am

You need PR before you can apply for citizenship. PR takes 5 years and you must be a qualified person exercising treaty rights for the whole 5 years.

Once you have PR and the document proving it, you can apply for citizenship immediately based on 3 years as spouse of British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks! I highly appreciate your help :)
Can you or someone guide me please how can I be clear when I send my documents that I'm in the UK 5 years?

As mentioned I will have soon 5 x P60/NI documents that I paid.
In terms of Utility bills, I started to have 4 months after I came since I paid rent includes all the bills

So my question really is how can I prove that I'm here from some specific date? or else utility bills from April 2015 will be good enough as a proof that I was here for all time of 2015?

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:58 pm

Someone please?

Thanks in advance