ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS Dependent - Funds Maintenance [Applying from outside UK]

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UkCanadaIndia
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 PBS Dependent - Funds Maintenance [Applying from outside UK]

Post by UkCanadaIndia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi All,

Can you please help me regarding below query?

Im on Tier 2 General visa since 2015. In July 2018 extended my Tier 2 [General] to other 2 years with same employer. In COS [Issued in July 2018 for extension] which was issued by my employer for extension it set as below for maintenance.

Tick to certify maintenance for migrant (and dependants, if applicable): Y

Got married in October 2018. I am looking to apply PBS dependent visa for my wife from outside UK. Still i required to show bank statements for maintenance or can i go with below assumption Tick to certify maintenance for migrant (and dependants, if applicable): Y?

UKBA guidance is bit confusing.

Thanks in Advance :)

Regards,

neilin
India

Re: Tier 2 PBS Dependent - Funds Maintenance [Applying from outside UK]

Post by neilin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi,

From my experience, CoS copy would be sufficient but you can always request for a maintenance letter from your employer. For content of maintenance letter please refer to guidance and I believe dependent name (and passport number) should be mentioned.

UkCanadaIndia
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by UkCanadaIndia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Thank Neilin for your reply. Im bit worried about below point in Guidance. My wife is going to apply separately.

83. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet
the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the
main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2 leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.

Regards

neilin
India

Post by neilin » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:07 pm

UkCanadaIndia wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:29 pm
Thank Neilin for your reply. Im bit worried about below point in Guidance. My wife is going to apply separately.

83. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet
the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the
main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2 leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.

Regards
You can select the option of maintenance while filling visa application form online and select as maintenance by 'A' rated sponsor. So along with copy of cos you can enclose maintenance letter also. Hope this would help you.

UkCanadaIndia
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by UkCanadaIndia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi Neilin,

At this moment my company not in position to provide letter.

Regards,

nadiapop2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by nadiapop2 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:58 pm

UkCanadaIndia wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:19 pm
Hi Neilin,

At this moment my company not in position to provide letter.

Regards,
Hi. Then you have to get ready for bank statement. I am also applying dependant visa