ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issues picking up BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tosh119
Newly Registered
United States of America

Issues picking up BRP

Post by Tosh119 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:18 am

Hi, I recently got my tier 2 general visa, and my decision letter said the BRP would be available for pickup at the post office from 30 December 2018. The expiry date on my entry is 22 January. I arrived in the UK on 8 January and attempted to pick it up twice. Both times I was told it was not there and that they only receive BRPs once a week on Wednesday evenings. I contacted UKVI, who said it would be available for pickup from 21 January. Obviously this will be more than 10 days after I arrived, and it's cutting it very close to the 22nd. Since the 21st is on Monday, if I have to wait until the 23rd or 24th to get it (since they're only delivered once a week), is that going to be a problem? I know they fine people for picking it up late, and I don't understand why it's not available earlier. Has anyone else had this problem recently?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Issues picking up BRP

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:30 am

I know they fine people for picking it up late
Do they? Where did you read or hear that??

No issue if you collect it later when it is available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tosh119
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Tosh119 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:05 am

Thank you! It's just been a headache as I can't start my job (or get the last background check they're requiring) until I get it.

The letter I got said I have to pick it up before the visa vignette expires or within 10 days of arriving. "If you fail to do so, you may be subject to a financial penalty or a reduction or cancellation of your leave." I don't know if they actually do that, but I wouldn't want to take chances. I'm just worried when they're telling me it's not available until the 21st, my vignette expires on the 22nd, and the post office said they only get them on Wednesdays. I'm going to double check to make sure it's not at the post office today, but the timing is really weird, especially when it was originally supposed to be available from 30 December.

Tosh119
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Tosh119 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 pm

I took a chance and went back to the post office today, even though it was before the date UKVI said it'd be available in their email to me, and they had it there. One less thing to worry about!