ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport receipt time after ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nafe12

Passport receipt time after ceremony

Post by nafe12 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:39 am

I had my citizenship application approved under the (old) JCAP. Passport fees deducted many months ago

Just wondering:

a) Roughly how long after the ceremony does it take until the passport is received

b) I assume it's sent signed for -- could this be sent to a work address, or does the individual have to sign for it themselves (with ID)

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport receipt time after ceremony

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:43 am

a) Usually a week or two. Depends how long the council take to notify HO who then notifies HMPO.

b) Sometimes signed for, sometimes not. It will be sent to the address you put in the application form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Johnny12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Passport receipt time after ceremony

Post by Johnny12 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:38 am

nafe12 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:39 am
I had my citizenship application approved under the (old) JCAP. Passport fees deducted many months ago

Just wondering:

a) Roughly how long after the ceremony does it take until the passport is received

b) I assume it's sent signed for -- could this be sent to a work address, or does the individual have to sign for it themselves (with ID)

Thanks!
Hi, my ceremony was on Thursday and received passport next Wednesday. Yeah and was sent signed for.