ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR for working student

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

letisound
Newly Registered
Italy

EEA PR for working student

Post by letisound » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:25 pm

Hello,

I would like to have an opinion on whether I'm eligible for PR as a worker having been a student as well.
This is my timeline:

Arrived: 25 August 2010
September 2010 - May 2013 full time work
June 2013 - August 2013 spent in Berlin for work and to improve language skills
September 2013 - August 2014 full time work
September 2014 started degree course and looking for a job
February 2014 - June 2017 part time work (different jobs)
June 2017 - now Self employed

My degree course was from September 2014 to May 2017

I intended to apply as a worker however, I started studying a degree course in September 2014 and have started working part time in February 2014. During this gap I was looking for a job but was taking it easy as I had savings and was getting maintenance loan as well. Unfortunately I haven't got any emails regarding this period as that email account has been cancelled about 2 years ago. The guidance book says evidence shouldn't be more than 6 months apart so in theory that could work given the exact dates I stopped working full time and when I started part time but I know is a bit of a stretch.

If I do declare my degree and say I was a student (there are 2 separate questions for this and don't really understand why) I can prove to have an EHIC card issued in Italy but as I was living in the UK permanently so I'm not sure it counts.

Does anyone have had a similar situation or could help clarify me as what type of individual I should apply as?

Many thanks

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: EEA PR for working student

Post by NikiGio » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:31 pm

Sounds like you may be able to apply either as a worker, or as a combination of worker + student (given you have EHIC).
Given Settled Status opened its final test phase to all EU citizens today - you could also directly apply for Settled Status. This should be easier than the PR application, unless you are planning to apply for British citizenship within the next year - getting Settled Status means you need to wait 1 year before applying for citizenship (unless you're married to a Brit).
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.