ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - some leftover questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sppc42
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - some leftover questions

Post by sppc42 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi all,

Am soon planning to apply for the Tier-1 from India, but like all, I have some minor queries. I have been franatically going through all the posts, searching for the answers, of which, many I found, but some still remain. Would really appreciate any replies/help on these:

1. Maintenance Funds:
a. Gift Deed certificate: I have around £2000/- in my single bank account. am planning to take another £1000/- from my brother. For this, it seems we need some Gift Deed certificate. What is this? Are there any known formats? Any samples available? Where to get it made?
b. 3 months period: Is it absolutely necessary to maintain this amount for min of 3 months before applying?
c. Sponsor in UK: I have friends in UK who are willing to sponsor me and furnish a letter citing that. Can that be used/will it be considered positively?
d. Transactions in bank account: I have invested somewhat heavily in the market, like bought a house. So, each month there are heavy transactions in my account. Do I need to furnish details of these, like submitting relevant house papers from bank from where I took the house loan?
e. Fixed assets: As mentioned above, I have a house to my name as a fixed property. Is it possible to show that as a source of funds or only liquid funds can be shown?
f. Shares: I am selling out some shares online to get the funds. The transaction are all online. Can I simply take a printout of these and show them for the money transacted? Or do I need some other type of documentation.

2. English proof:
a. College degree: I had done my engineering from University of Delhi in English medium. Can that be accepted for the requirements for the english language? What kind of documents will be required for that (some letter from college)?
b. TOEFL/IELTS: I had given TOEFL last year and got 105/120. Is that a good score? Also, is TOEFL preferred or one should go for IELTS?[/list]

cheers!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:40 pm

1. Maintenance Funds:
a. Gift Deed certificate: I have around £2000/- in my single bank account. am planning to take another £1000/- from my brother. For this, it seems we need some Gift Deed certificate. What is this? Are there any known formats? Any samples available? Where to get it made?
Get it drafted on a stamp paper and notarised (from a Notary). Below is a sample:

DEED OF GIFT

This deed of Gift is made today ##th day of June 2008 between Mr. xxx xxxxxx, S/o Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxx by religion, R/o, A-nn, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxx, hereinafter referred to as the DONOR AND Mr. xxxxxxxxxx, S/o Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx, R/o, A-nn, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxx, hereinafter referred to as the DONEE.

WHEREAS the donor has out of natural love and affection towards the Donee who is his son, gifted to the Donee a sum of Rs. ######## (Rs. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^only) vide cheque numbers number $$$$$$$$$ dated $$$$$, towards supporting the stay of the DONEE and his family in the United Kingdom.

The Donor hereby admits that he has entitled the transfer of the said sum to the Donee so as to make the Donee a full and absolute legal owner of the said amount to have and hold the same and for use by the Donee according to the sweet will of the Donee and that the Donor has hence forth no right title or interest of any nature whatsoever in the said amount gifted to the donee in any income benefit or advantage resulting there from.

b. 3 months period: Is it absolutely necessary to maintain this amount for min of 3 months before applying?
Yes absolutely (if you are applying from India)
c. Sponsor in UK: I have friends in UK who are willing to sponsor me and furnish a letter citing that. Can that be used/will it be considered positively?
in what sense? for accomodation - then yes ; for maintenance fund requirement - not unless the money is in your account
d. Transactions in bank account: I have invested somewhat heavily in the market, like bought a house. So, each month there are heavy transactions in my account. Do I need to furnish details of these, like submitting relevant house papers from bank from where I took the house loan?
I do not think so.
e. Fixed assets: As mentioned above, I have a house to my name as a fixed property. Is it possible to show that as a source of funds or only liquid funds can be shown?
Only liquid funds can be shown
f. Shares: I am selling out some shares online to get the funds. The transaction are all online. Can I simply take a printout of these and show them for the money transacted? Or do I need some other type of documentation.
These days, even with online trnsaction, the share trading facilitator provides an immediate statement in a pdf format usually. Use that or request them to send it to you.
2. English proof:

a. College degree: I had done my engineering from University of Delhi in English medium. Can that be accepted for the requirements for the english language? What kind of documents will be required for that (some letter from college)?
Use the online self assessment tool and you will get to know immediately.

By any means these are not minor queries,buddy :wink:

sppc42
Newly Registered

Post by sppc42 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:23 am

Thanks a lot push_hsmp! that really clarifies a lot of things.

cheers! :)

chiru1973
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fund

Post by chiru1973 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:04 am

Dear All,

I have a very important & basic Q related to Maintenance Fund.

Is it absolute necessary to show that where from I have got the requisite amount in my account?I mean if I borrow from market & keep the same amount in my account for a period of 3/4 months & show as Maintenance Fund for principal applicant & dependents ,will that be worked out?

Kindly reply.

regards

push
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance Fund

Post by push » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:43 am

chiru1973 wrote:Dear All,

Is it absolute necessary to show that where from I have got the requisite amount in my account?I mean if I borrow from market & keep the same amount in my account for a period of 3/4 months & show as Maintenance Fund for principal applicant & dependents ,will that be worked out?

Kindly reply.

regards
The guidance notes do not say that you are supposed to show the sources of funds. Especially in India the ECO has been a bit ruthless about any large transaction in the accounts used for showing maintenance funds, however. The underlying logic behind such rejections is : the ECO needs to be reasonably satisfied with regards to the availability of adequate funds in one's account. If there is a large inflow of funds suddenly then the money could disappear from one's account similarly, once the EC is granted. A proof for any such transaction provides some comfort in the sense that the funds have been transferred legitimately and are going to be available to the applicant in future too.

Now if you submit statements for last three months and the large transaction was made 4/5 months - 1) ECO would not know that the funds were transferred immediately preceding the 3 month period, unless of course you use the same account to show your earnings in the last 12/15 months.
2) It is a reasonable assumption that the funds will stay in your account for long, as they have at least in the past three months.

So what you plan to do looks practically feasible but I personally would want to provide all the proof/supporting dox for any such transaction.

notty

hi push hsmp

Post by notty » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:51 am

push_hsmp wrote:

Kindly reply.

regards
The guidance notes do not say that you are supposed to show the sources of funds. Especially in India the ECO has been a bit ruthless about any large transaction in the accounts used for showing maintenance funds, however. The underlying logic behind such rejections is : the ECO needs to be reasonably satisfied with regards to the availability of adequate funds in one's account. If there is a large inflow of funds suddenly then the money could disappear from one's account similarly, once the EC is granted. A proof for any such transaction provides some comfort in the sense that the funds have been transferred legitimately and are going to be available to the applicant in future too.

Now if you submit statements for last three months and the large transaction was made 4/5 months - 1) ECO would not know that the funds were transferred immediately preceding the 3 month period, unless of course you use the same account to show your earnings in the last 12/15 months.
2) It is a reasonable assumption that the funds will stay in your account for long, as they have at least in the past three months.

So what you plan to do looks practically feasible but I personally would want to provide all the proof/supporting dox for any such transaction.
Last edited by notty on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notty

hi push hsmp

Post by notty » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:04 am

push_hsmp wrote:

Kindly reply.

regards

Last edited by notty on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: hi push hsmp

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:03 pm

** Duplicate **
Hijacked this discussion as well ? :cry:

regards
notty wrote:hi there
i am going to apply for tier 1 from student visa

i have done PGDMS here in UK in 2008, can i use that PGDMS to get my qualification points?

i came here in JAN07, before that i have done full time course of Graphic designing from institute in pakistan it was six months course, i started that in JULY06 and completed in DEC06, will HO consider me as a student from
july06 or from JAN07?

If from JULY06 then what documents are required from my pakistani institute.

I am showing earnings from pakistan, i was working in a company from APRIL04 to JUNE05 as a marketing manager, i've earned handsome money out of it. the company was doing marketing/advertising projects in real estate, in that period they have done marketing/advertising for some housing projects and for some shopping malls. but now a days there is downfall on that company coz real estate is almost stopped from last 1 year in pakistan so company is just on breakeven. so does it matter or not?

and does INTEGRA investigate and visit employer in each n every case. and what kind of questions they will ask to employer.

I have my payslips and Tax returns stamped by IT office with confirmation letter, is that enough evidence to get my earning points