ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Service Centres, increased IHS and Overstaying

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnnywoo
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

New Service Centres, increased IHS and Overstaying

Post by Johnnywoo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:53 pm

Dear IB users,

After a small error on wife's FLR form (incorrect SELT cert for 2.5 year spouse FLR) in late September we managed to get the Home Office to return her passport (via lawyer) so she could resit the SELT.
She passed the SELT B1 (although we only needed A2)
Now we have everything in order for a fresh 2019 application. All financial evidence has been updated etc.

Obviously the IHS surcharge has increased so this is my first question...
Can we use the original IHS payment code? - I haven't been refunded yet from the first visa refusal. Obviously this would save £500!

My second question relates to the new service centres and experiences.
Has anyone got any advice?

We are going for the premium (super) option as we can't wait 8 weeks again!
When my wife was refused her FLR after 2.5 years they didn't return her passport or BRP. We started the appeal and despite getting the passport back to take the SELT - we didn't get the BRP and this obvs expired in October 2018. I guess this makes her an 'overstayer' by definition?
On the FLR form we have to state why she doesn't have Visa etc - any advice for this?

We actually didn't get the appeal payment link yet either, so assuming we re-apply and we don't recycle the IHS number (see above), how have people ensured that their failed visa IHS payment is returned?

All advice welcome - I will continue to trawl about!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: New Service Centres, increased IHS and Overstaying

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:02 pm

Your wife can only apply for a visa if she has withdrawn the appeal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.