ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FM - British Citizen Passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

basicblue2k
Ireland

EEA FM - British Citizen Passport

Post by basicblue2k » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 am

I plan to apply for the RC using the SS route and I'm unable to submit passport due to my frequent travel for work. My dependent applicant would be able to submit the passport.

Would it be okay if I mention this on the application and provide an attested copy from the bank?

Will this impact the application? If anyone has prior experience on this, please share.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FM - British Citizen Passport

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:42 am

Your post and topic title are conflicting. Are you applying for an EEA Residence Card or British Citizenship :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

basicblue2k
Ireland

Re: EEA FM - Inability to submit Sponsor's passport

Post by basicblue2k » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:56 am

Hi, I am a British citizen and applying for residence card for my non EEA dependent through Surinder Singh route as I relocate to UK from Ireland.

The problem is that I'll be travelling to and from Republic of Ireland for work and hence would like to have passport with me for travel while the application is in progress for my dependent.

So I have two clarifications on any of the below will cause problems.

1. Will it cause a problem if I as sponsor don't submit my passport?
2. Even though my work is in Ireland, I'll be a resident in UK as it would spend at least 4 days a week including weekends. I hope this won't be of concern at least for first 3 months?

basicblue2k
Ireland

Post by basicblue2k » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:13 pm

Anyone who can respond please?

basicblue2k
Ireland

Post by basicblue2k » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:38 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:42 am
Your post and topic title are conflicting. Are you applying for an EEA Residence Card or British Citizenship :?:
Moderator/@Casa please can you change the thread title accordingly. Thank you

basicblue2k
Ireland

Post by basicblue2k » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:12 am

This thread can be closed as I assume passport is required to submitted and earliest they can be received back is 20 working days