ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on ILR application - 5 year route(on Tier 2 general visa)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

san2019
Newly Registered
India

Query on ILR application - 5 year route(on Tier 2 general visa)

Post by san2019 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 am

Iam completing 5 years on Tier 2 General visa on March 6th 2019.However , we I have had a break in between as explained below
1.I got my 1st Tier 2 visa on 06 march 2014 and this ended on 5 March 2017(My company lost the sponsorship at this time)
2.I applied for an FLR 5 days before the above visa ended, however, I have not received the appointment letter and I did not do bio-metrics.
3.I applied for a Tier 1 visa then,but did not get a biometric letter, while this was on progress,I got a sponsor who provided me Tier 2 visa and I continued my job.
This visa is valid from 16th September 2017.

So I had this 6 month gap between both visa's, however I was still in the tier 2 status as I did not do bio-metrics or none of my visa application was rejected. I am not sure whether this will be considered as a continuous 5 year work.

Also during this 6 month period, I did not get the salary as per the COS.

I would like to know if I have any chance to get through the ILR application through the 5 year route.
Can anyone help me with this query please.

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Query on ILR application - 5 year route(on Tier 2 general visa)

Post by Ramsharika » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:49 am

Is your current salary meeting the ILR salary criteria?

Also, during this 5 year period did any of your applications returned as invalid?

san2019
Newly Registered
India

Post by san2019 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Thank you Ramsharika for your reply.
Please find my answers below
Is your current salary meeting the ILR salary criteria? Yes,I am meeting the salary criteria currently

Also, during this 5 year period did any of your applications returned as invalid? None of the applications were rejected/invalid, however , I do have a gap of 6 months in between both the Tier 2 visa's and worried about the visa status at that time.

Could any one please provide a reply for this. I am confused whether I can go ahead with the application or not.
It would be great if you can help with your suggestions

Ramsharika
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ramsharika » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 am

Dear Gurus and members,
@ CR001 @zimba @ secret.simon @ Casa..
Could you please help with this query..
Many Thanks