ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's HSMP Dependent Visa rejected twice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:57 am

Prashjos wrote:Hi Guys,

My last query still remains unanswered. Pls help.

Ddoes the rent payout should appear in my bank statement? I am asking this because my friend will pe paying the rent intially on my behalf since i dont want t reduce the bank balance till the time my wife's visa is cleared.
Pls help.

Prashjos
There is no specific rule about this. Plus as many people might use different accounts to pay for their rents/utility bills etc and might use another for salary/earning deposits etc., the caseworker should not be expecting to see a routine withdrawal of rent from your bank statements. In my opinion, this should not cause a problem.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:31 pm

Ankur9M wrote:Prashjos,

Ideally I would have done that.
but now the question is that since this (lease agreement) was not mentioned as a requirement for Tier 1 dependant, should I go ahead and submit my application (I.e. risk Rs 51K)

Or reschedule the appointment which (Based on re-booking travel etc) would mean my wife's dependant would get delayed by 2-3 weeks or more. :(

Based on your experience I think I should reschedule it and apply with lease agreement.

Also the lease agreement is solely in in my name for a 1Bedroom flat. But I did not check if the agreement allows me to bring my wife to stay with me. Or should I assume that since it a 1 bedroom flat, it would be allowed. (On the links which sushd sent, it says that 1 bedroom is sufficient for a married couple) Any comments on this?

Regards
Ankur
i think sushd's post is very informative.
i wud strongly suggest that u reschedule the appointment till she gets the couriered lease agreement from u.

u r risking 51k first of all.
then with a seemingly high odds of refusal u r risking a delay in her joining u too.

well lease/tenancy agreement solely in ur name shud be perfect.
obviously u wud have mentioned in ur invite/sponsr letter that she will be staying there with u at that address and that u are able to and more than happy to maintain her finances.

i can understand ur urgency but it doesnt seem worth taking a big gamble when u have all the chance to play safe at the expense of 4 days (dhl courier) 5 o 7 days ( royal mail) or 1 or 2 days ( if ur friends/relatives travelling to india soon)..

sorry for the long reply.. hope it sounds meaningful to u..

Ankur9M
Newly Registered

Post by Ankur9M » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:59 am

:shock:

Abhijack,

I was not aware that a invite / sponsor letter needs to be sent. Which letter is this one? I did not find a mention of this in the dependant notes or anywhere else. Can you please confirm where can I find that?

And yes, I have decided to apply for my wife's visa only when she has the lease agreement with her, but now I am really doubtful if I am missing something else too.

Here is my list of documents:
1) Marriage certificate
2) My passport Xerox
3) My 15 months sal slips and bank statements to confirm I am working in UK for > 1 year (+ P60 also in case they want to see it)
4) My lease agreement
5) Maintenance proof- My wife's last 3 months bank statements.

Can someone please confirm if this would be sufficient?

Also,
I checked on my lease agreement, there is a section called "permitted occupants" which has only my name. Do I need to get some sort of permission from my agents for my wife?

Regards
Ankur

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:52 am

Ankur9M wrote:Also,
I checked on my lease agreement, there is a section called "permitted occupants" which has only my name. Do I need to get some sort of permission from my agents for my wife?
Yes. It may be safer if you can include permission from your landlords, allowing your wife to stay with you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:57 am

Ankur9M wrote::shock:

Abhijack,

Here is my list of documents:
1) Marriage certificate
2) My passport Xerox
3) My 15 months sal slips and bank statements to confirm I am working in UK for > 1 year (+ P60 also in case they want to see it)
4) My lease agreement
5) Maintenance proof- My wife's last 3 months bank statements.

Can someone please confirm if this would be sufficient?

Regards
Ankur
this is an email from bhc:

The following are the documents required for a HSMP Dependant visa:
Sponsor letter from spouse in UK
Marriage Certificate and Marriage photographs
Birth certificates of the child (if any)
Copy of sponsor's passport with all UK endorsements showing the current immigration status in the UK
Copy of sponsor's HSMP approval letter
Sponsor's proof of employment ( letter from employer giving terms of employment etc)
Evidence of funds / bank statements of sponsor's savings in the UK for the last six months £1600 per dependant (if the sponsor has been in the Uk less than 12 months) and £533 if they have been there more than 12 months.
Evidence of sponsor's income (in the form of pay-slips) for the last six months
Evidence of accommodation in the UK (tenancy agreement)
Applicant's proof of funds in India (if any) like bank statements for the last six months / any fixed deposits / property documents.
Vaf 10 form
If main applicant comes under the points based system, dependant visa fee will be Rs 51000.
If main applicant comes under the old HSMP scheme, visa fee would be Rs 17000
Last edited by abhijack on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:06 am

Abhijack,

I was not aware that a invite / sponsor letter needs to be sent. Which letter is this one? I did not find a mention of this in the dependant notes or anywhere else. Can you please confirm where can I find that?

And yes, I have decided to apply for my wife's visa only when she has the lease agreement with her, but now I am really doubtful if I am missing something else too.

Regards
Ankur
Sponsor letter from you is very important and usually they keep it as the first thing in the pack.
You just need to write a letter
-addressed to BHC
-subject: sponsoring xxx, my wife for yyy..
-body:
1st para: just mention who you are, what you do, salary etc.
2nd para: that u r married to xxx on... certificate enclosed..
3rd para: that u want her to join u in the uk as dependant. that u have adequate accomm and funds to maintain here without recourse to any public funds..
4th para: enclosing tenancy agreement (plus a letter from landlord on a letterhead saying its exclusively leased to you and your wife can stay there, if u can manage to get that) , pay slips, p60, job contract/letter from employer.
5th: req to consider her applicatin. looking forward to you granting her visa...

hope it helps.. and ofcourse sign it!!!

k_v
Newly Registered

Post by k_v » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:44 am

I have got the VISA under transitional arrangements. i.e. Approval in old HSMP and VISA under new PointBased System.
Please respond and help clear the confusion what's the Fee for dependant for the people like me having VISA under transitional arangements.

I have to apply dependant VISA from India for my wife and 2 kids.
(Uff , hope it's not 51000 X 3 :( )

thanks..
abhijack wrote:

If main applicant comes under the points based system, dependant visa fee will be Rs 51000.

Ankur9M
Newly Registered

Post by Ankur9M » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:46 am

Vinny, Abhijack,

Thanks for your advice.
It is a pity that the PBS dependant form / notes do not talk at all about these documents.

I'll get in touch with my property agent to get a letter from him allowing my wife to stay.
+ Will include marriage photographs
+ letter from employer (it would be a printout of the PDF)
+ sponsor's letter ofcourse

I was going to miss out the above documents. Thanks for providing information on this.

Regards
Ankur

abhijack

Re: Wife's HSMP Dependent Visa rejected twice

Post by abhijack » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:20 pm

Prashjos wrote:Hi Friends,

I am on a HSMP Visa in UK since March 1st week. My wife applied for a dependent visa at India but got rejected twice.

Thanks
Prashjos
buddy did u manage to get those extra documents and apply again?
hope everything goes well for u both..

can i ask you a small query..
how long did it take for ur first and second applications to be processed and the passports sent back?

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:22 pm

Ankur9M wrote:Vinny, Abhijack,

Thanks for your advice.
It is a pity that the PBS dependant form / notes do not talk at all about these documents.

I'll get in touch with my property agent to get a letter from him allowing my wife to stay.

I was going to miss out the above documents. Thanks for providing information on this.

Regards
Ankur
u r welcome always..
wish u 2 all the best..
just wondering why 15 months bank statements?
did sumone suggest that? just for my information...

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:08 am

abhijack wrote: this is an email from bhc:

The following are the documents required for a HSMP Dependant visa:
Sponsor letter from spouse in UK
Marriage Certificate and Marriage photographs
Birth certificates of the child (if any)
Copy of sponsor's passport with all UK endorsements showing the current immigration status in the UK
Copy of sponsor's HSMP approval letter
Sponsor's proof of employment ( letter from employer giving terms of employment etc)
Evidence of funds / bank statements of sponsor's savings in the UK for the last six months £1600 per dependant (if the sponsor has been in the Uk less than 12 months) and £533 if they have been there more than 12 months.
Evidence of sponsor's income (in the form of pay-slips) for the last six months
Evidence of accommodation in the UK (tenancy agreement)
Applicant's proof of funds in India (if any) like bank statements for the last six months / any fixed deposits / property documents.
Vaf 10 form
Hello all,

does anyone if we need to provide the photocopies of all the above documents for applying HSMP dependant visa...if so how many copies...

Please let me knw...thnk u

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:12 am

Ankur9M wrote:Vinny, Abhijack,

Thanks for your advice.

Regards
Ankur
hello Ankur,
I have gone thru ur issue...I dont knw whether this might sound easier for u...When I called VFS, they said I can also send Photocopy or scanned copy of the Rental Agreement, if we think that document in necessary to be here with you...am not too sure...but that can be an alternative option if you could send the photocopy document...but if u really dont want to take any chances and there is a possibility that you have changed the appointment, it should be fine....also to confirm this, you can give a call to VFS n find once again....

good luck

Ankur9M
Newly Registered

Post by Ankur9M » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:52 am

Guys,

Firstly, Thanks a lot to all for helping me out with this. I would actually have gone ahead with half of the required documents had I not posted a query in this group.

Slight change of circumstances on my side. I have to fly back to India on an urgent basis (tomorrow night actually) so will be taking the documents along with me and my wife may not need to reschedule the appointment which is on this Thursday.

I went to my property agent to get a letter from them stating that my wife is allowed to stay with me.
However, they told me that it will take some time (a week or more) as they would need to contact their head office, landlord.. blah blah. Basically they don't want to do anything for which they are not paid. (I am highly frustrated with property agents in UK :( )

So I don't think I'll get letter from the agents in time. (I am planning to go ahead with lease agreement alone. Does anyone suggest otherwise?)

Abhijack,
Regarding 15 months bank statements, I am including them to prove that I have been working in UK for more than a year and also that I am currently employed. (Not mandatory though)

Another doubt on this actually. For "Sponsor's proof of employment", wouldn't last 15 months salary slips, bank statements and P60 be sufficient? Or do we need to specifically get letter from employer? (I did not provide a letter from employer while filing for Tier 1 also and managed with sal slips and bank statement alone)

Reason why I ask this is because I work for an Indian software company and currently working in UK for them (Was on Work permit and converted to Tier 1). The letter from employer states terms of employment here and additionally terms of employment when I "return to India". Now actually I will not be returning to India since I have a Tier 1 , but due to the standard format of letter from employer, the "return to India" clause will be their in their letter.
This may cause confusion with the caseworker which I want to avoid.
I think pay slips also establish that I am employed in UK so Can I simply use the pay slips + bank statements + P60?
[/quote]

uiqbal

Post by uiqbal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:23 am

Hi all,

I am in the same sort of situation as discussed in this thread and I have to apply for my spouse visa by the end of june.

I am working on hsmp visa in uk and living in a house share with my own bedroom. There are 5 bedroom in the house and only four of them occupied including me.
What document do i have to provide for tenancy and what should it include so that i am OK with the case worker. What do i require from the landlord?

What specific things are to be mentioned from the landlord?

Please help me in this matter as my wife is expecting our first baby and i want her to be here.

Regards,
uiqbal

Prashjos
Newly Registered

Post by Prashjos » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:18 am

Hi Guys,

My wife's HSMP Dependent visa is cleared. Just wanted to thank everybody in this post for their help. You guys rock !!

Thanks again and wishing you all the best!

Regards
Prashjos

rajesh1319

Post by rajesh1319 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:51 am

Hello All.

Hello All,

I have Tier1 hsmp visa and living in the UK since more than 2 year.

Actually, I am applying for my new born baby who is in India but I haven't produced the tenancy agreement however I have sent the Council tax bill and receipts with receipts ( All with my name) and other utility bills.

Will it be enough for my son visa as an accommodation proof or I need to send the tenancy agreement and letter from landlord ?

Thanks
Rajesh

hsmp_dep
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_dep » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:49 pm

Prashjos wrote:Hi Guys,

My wife's HSMP Dependent visa is cleared. Just wanted to thank everybody in this post for their help. You guys rock !!

Thanks again and wishing you all the best!

Regards
Prashjos
Hi Prashjos,

Since your wife's dependant visa was rejected twice earlier, do you have it to mention it next time when you apply for your wife's visa just not to UK but for any other country visa? Is there any mentioning in your wife's passport about the refusal?

Is there any time limit/gap between applying next time after the refusal?

Also, does the 7day rule for bank statement applicable in your case?

Thanks,
Raj.

hsmp_dep
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_dep » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:41 pm

Dear All,

Can anyone suggest me on this?

Thanks!

hsmpaspire
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspire » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:54 pm

one of my friend who was on HSMP did the same...sent council tax bills with on ly his name and his dependent visa got approved

good luck

hsmp_dep
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_dep » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:24 am

hsmp_dep wrote:Dear All,

Can anyone suggest me on this?

Thanks!
I would like to say THANKS to everyone in this board. I got my wife's dependant visa processed successfully.

Date Applied: 12/11/08
Passport Received: 19/11/08
VFS at Chennai

Thanks!