ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Application and WRS Question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peter88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EEA PR Application and WRS Question

Post by peter88 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:30 am

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding my Permanent Residence application. Here’s the story:

EU8 national

In 2004 i visited my brother and worked for an agency for a week.

In 2009 i visited him again and worked for an employer for approximately 3 weeks.

I used the money to pay my university tuition.

In 2013 i moved to UK and started working full time unti today.

I am planning on applying for PR, however, i reaized that in both 2004 and 2009 i was not registered under the WRS.

I do not want to include those periods in my 5 years continuous work requirement as I’ve been employed for over 5 years by the same company since 2013, however, the online form does ask whether i was working during the accession period.

My understanding is that i am eligible for PR because i have worked legally for over 5 years. Do i need to say yes, i have worked in UK previously but without registering - or can i simply say no, I haven’t and only declare 2013 as the date when i started “living in the UK” which is not technically wrong since my two previous visits were only for 2 and 4 weeks respectively.

I know the “settled” scheme is going live shortly, however, i would like to apply for citizenship and don’t want to wait another 12 months so i wanted to apply for PR now as in march i will have been working and living here for 6 years so i could apply immediately

Will be greatful for any advice!