ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Worries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sudh
Newly Registered

Work Permit Worries

Post by sudh » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:41 pm

Am very confused about something and would like your advice. My mum is a registered Nurse here. She just changed her employer who sent for a new work permit for her. The first one was refused because her salary was too low. The new employer sent a second applcation a month ago and we have not heard anything from work permot yet. Her visa is due to expire soon and we are very worried about what she should do? Can she call home office and explain what is happening or does she just go back to our home country and wait for the work permit to come through?
Please advise as we are all confused.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:34 pm

She can send in an application for FLR(IED) and write a covering letter telling the HO that her work permit is still being cosidered and ask them to wait till after the decision of the WP is made before processing the FLR.

sudh
Newly Registered

Post by sudh » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Can she really do that? I thought that the WP is the most important document to have when sending her documents to HO.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:45 pm

Yes, it can be done and by sending the FLR application, Section 3C kicks in and protects the applicant. There used to be a line saying that if you can't send a document at the time of application, write a covering letter explaining the reason why and giving the time when it will be submitted.

netacct

Post by netacct » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:39 am

A friend my mine did the same. Just before 3 days before the expiry of his visa, he sent his passport with cover letter saying that his employer WP is being processed and even without WP he got 5 years visa.

sudh
Newly Registered

Post by sudh » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:51 am

Thanks Netacct. Was your friend a Nurse too?

netacct

Post by netacct » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:07 am

No, he did some PG course here in UK.

sudh
Newly Registered

Post by sudh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:23 pm

My mum has now received her work permit aproval letter. She will need to make an appointment with HO for her visa extension. Can someone please let me know the rule regarding changing employers. She changed her employer and its been about 2-3 months since she left them. We had been waiting for the work permit to come through before applying for the visa. The first application for work permit got refused and the second one was approved. Does anybody think there might be some problem?

sudh
Newly Registered

Post by sudh » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Thanks to all those who replied. My mum went in person to Croydon and she successfully had her visa renewed. Was just asked what she did between her last job and the new one. Apart from that everything went well.