ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving a company before T1E extension - documents to secure

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ekbe01
Russia

Leaving a company before T1E extension - documents to secure

Post by ekbe01 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Dear Forum,
I've been a director of a company for the last 2.5 years and I will be leaving it now (Company A).
I will be applying to extend my T1E end of the year with my own company (Company B) where I am the only shareholder and director. This company was established several months ago in pretty much the same business sector.

I'm not sure I will have access to any paperwork from Company A after I leave it. I'm not going to claim points for an investment or job creation with this company but I understand I may need to explain what I was doing there and how I was in compliance with the immigration legislation.

What kind of papers do you think I should request before I leave?
Thank you!

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Leaving a company before T1E extension - documents to secure

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:44 pm

ekbe01 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:47 pm
Dear Forum,
I've been a director of a company for the last 2.5 years and I will be leaving it now (Company A).
I will be applying to extend my T1E end of the year with my own company (Company B) where I am the only shareholder and director. This company was established several months ago in pretty much the same business sector.

I'm not sure I will have access to any paperwork from Company A after I leave it. I'm not going to claim points for an investment or job creation with this company but I understand I may need to explain what I was doing there and how I was in compliance with the immigration legislation.

What kind of papers do you think I should request before I leave?
Thank you!
If you don't intend to claim investment or jobs from that company, I can't see what documents you would need
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ekbe01
Russia

Post by ekbe01 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Thank you.
Do you think I should explain the situation in a cover letter when I apply for a T1E extension? They may want to know what I was doing before setting up my last company...

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:13 pm

ekbe01 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 pm
Thank you.
Do you think I should explain the situation in a cover letter when I apply for a T1E extension? They may want to know what I was doing before setting up my last company...
I am sure they do have the knowledge and skills to ask you if they want to know. But if you think you are a good mind reader, it is not something I can argue against.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.