ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 enterprenuer visa, bank letter problem

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mierzwix
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Tier 1 enterprenuer visa, bank letter problem

Post by mierzwix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I am aplying for enterprenuer visa and my sponsor (the third party) helds required 200k in his bank account.
The problem is that Barclays bank refuses to provide him with the letter confirming that the funds are available for me to invest as an aplicant and that they have not been promised to anyone else.

My solicitor says that without this letter my aplication will be rejected as it is listed as one of the documents required on the goverment page.
On the other hand Barclays bank claims its illegal for them to sing such a letter as they cant quarantee how their customer is going to use the money. They also refuse to mention any visa aplicant's name in the letter as it is not their customer.
My solicitor advised my investor to change bank, but I wonder if any other bank is willing to provide him with such a letter? Has anyone been in similar situation?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 enterprenuer visa, bank letter problem

Post by marcnath » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:17 am

mierzwix wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:43 pm
Hello everyone,

I am aplying for enterprenuer visa and my sponsor (the third party) helds required 200k in his bank account.
The problem is that Barclays bank refuses to provide him with the letter confirming that the funds are available for me to invest as an aplicant and that they have not been promised to anyone else.

My solicitor says that without this letter my aplication will be rejected as it is listed as one of the documents required on the goverment page.
On the other hand Barclays bank claims its illegal for them to sing such a letter as they cant quarantee how their customer is going to use the money. They also refuse to mention any visa aplicant's name in the letter as it is not their customer.
My solicitor advised my investor to change bank, but I wonder if any other bank is willing to provide him with such a letter? Has anyone been in similar situation?
Clearly this is a requirement, so you need the document.

But I can totally understand that Banks are reluctant to do so.

You can try changing banks. Clearly there are a number of people who have got their visa using third party funds, but most have been overseas applications so it is possible banks overseas are more flexible.

Your best option is to register a company, invest the money into the company and claim points for money already invested rather than access to funds.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mierzwix
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by mierzwix » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Thank you for your answer,

It is really ridiculous requirament, if banks in UK are not willing to provide people with such document...I am stuck with my aplication.
My sponsor is going to transfer money to Poland and try to get this letter there.
I was hoping that maybe there is some way around this insane letter, but I can see that I was wrong.
Thank you for your answer.

mierzwix
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by mierzwix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:21 pm

What if my sponsor sends the money to my bank account?
I am reading that I have to keep it for 90 days or I will still need some kind of letter from the bank?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:30 pm

mierzwix wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:21 pm
What if my sponsor sends the money to my bank account?
I am reading that I have to keep it for 90 days or I will still need some kind of letter from the bank?
If you keep it for 90 days in your account, there is no additional letter needed.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mierzwix
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by mierzwix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:50 pm

What if I dont keep it for 90 days and I would want to apply faster? Do I need the same letter or is it some other form of the letter required?
The money would be in my bank account but not for 90 days.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:10 pm

mierzwix wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:50 pm
What if I dont keep it for 90 days and I would want to apply faster? Do I need the same letter or is it some other form of the letter required?
The money would be in my bank account but not for 90 days.
Yes, if it is not 90 days, it is considered to be third party funding - so those requirements apply

mierzwix
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Post by mierzwix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:21 pm

But I am reading that even if I hold this money for 90 days in my bank account in Poland I need some kind of letter from bank saying that I can transfer this money to UK, is it true?

I really apreciate your help Marcnarth, thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:26 pm

mierzwix wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:21 pm
But I am reading that even if I hold this money for 90 days in my bank account in Poland I need some kind of letter from bank saying that I can transfer this money to UK, is it true?

I really apreciate your help Marcnarth, thank you
Correct. But not that it is held for investment