ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form T - Referee requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Form T - Referee requirements

Post by hopeforwk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 pm

I need help!! my son has completed his 10 years and was born in the UK, Form T says that referee in case of child should wither be Doctor,Teacher,social worker,Health visitor or Minister of religion and that they should have known the applicant for 3 years .

Is it true that the signatory should have known the child for 3 years in case of Form T ? as i am struggling to find a referee who would have known my child for 3 years ? Please Help

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Re: Form T - Referee requirements

Post by hopeforwk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Could anyone please advise!!

On the form T it says the following and there is nothing in guidance

• they have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years

ON the nationality policy for home office staff it says that referee should have known adult for 3 years

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
The referee must:
• have known the (adult) applicant for at least 3 years
• a British passport holder and either a professional person or aged over 25 (at
least one referee must be a professional person)

We know a social worker but she knows my son only for one year ... please advise

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 am

Dear board members

Can you please advise me on the above , I will be very grateful.

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:04 am

Dear Admins and Moderators

Please Help !!! I have to submit my sons application , Please could you advise me on the above!!!

Many Thanks

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Can i ask a family friend who is an accountant will he be ok to act as referee in form T

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:42 pm

Please I need your help please some one guide me please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:43 pm

hopeforwk wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:41 pm
Can i ask a family friend who is an accountant will he be ok to act as referee in form T
Should be fine. If HO is not happy with your referee, they will contact you to provide another one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:43 pm
hopeforwk wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:41 pm
Should be fine. If HO is not happy with your referee, they will contact you to provide another one.
Thank you so much CR001 , Should i be explaining in a letter that the school and doctor has refused to act as a referee and we know the social worker only for a year ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:50 pm

hopeforwk wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 pm
Thank you so much CR001 , Should i be explaining in a letter that the school and doctor has refused to act as a referee and we know the social worker only for a year ?
No. You cannot force someone to sign as referee so it is irrelevant to HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:50 pm
hopeforwk wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 pm
No. You cannot force someone to sign as referee so it is irrelevant to HO.
Many Thanks Char !!! I am being cheeky here to ask you another question or two , Sorry!

Q1> How many letters/documents should I have for each year ?

Q2> For 2011 i have only 2 letters from NHS to demonstrate that he was in the UK as he was only 2 at that time will that be enough .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:01 pm

You need to follow the guidance notes which will tell you what to send.

You should try get school records etc as well.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Form T

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Q. Sorry to interject , But would someone know how many documents should we have as a minimum for each year of child's residence ?

Q. if we don't have letters addressed to child can we use Letters addressed to parents

My child only got his first passport when he was 9 so that can't prove his residence in early years

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form T

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:05 pm

hopeforwk wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:04 pm
Q. Sorry to interject , But would someone know how many documents should we have as a minimum for each year of child's residence ?

Q. if we don't have letters addressed to child can we use Letters addressed to parents

My child only got his first passport when he was 9 so that can't prove his residence in early years
Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics when you have your own topic already. Your post has been merged with your thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Thanks to Correct me Char!!

I have yearly school reports and attendance record along with the medical record from GP as mentioned in guidance notes.

But i have only 2 letters from 2011 hence i am a a bit concern if that would be enough ?

Can i use letters addressed to parents as proof of child's early years ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Do you have the redbook and records??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Linben123
United Kingdom

Post by Linben123 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:34 pm

I have looked into this myself, but have not submittted application. I believe that letter provided by nursery and school confirming that your child was a pupil and had a good attendance should satisfy the HO. It is actually hard to prove the first years of life, when they were at home with you and not in education. In my preparation I had approached GPs for letters confirming registration with them, also immunisation records. Red book should be a useful, if you still have it. I also approached Hospitals we had test done with, when my son was a baby, we requested their records( obviously we had to pay). I hope that this is helpful in any way.

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:33 pm
Do you have the redbook and records??
I have the red book and his immunization record in it but unfortunately in 2011 he had only one immunization done so i have only to letters from NHS for 2011 and nothing else for this particular year

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:51 pm

Linben123 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:34 pm
I have looked into this myself, but have not submittted application. I believe that letter provided by nursery and school confirming that your child was a pupil and had a good attendance should satisfy the HO. It is actually hard to prove the first years of life, when they were at home with you and not in education. In my preparation I had approached GPs for letters confirming registration with them, also immunisation records. Red book should be a useful, if you still have it. I also approached Hospitals we had test done with, when my son was a baby, we requested their records( obviously we had to pay). I hope that this is helpful in any way.
Thanks for your helpful advice !!

Can i use letters sent to us by home office in our previous applications ?

Also were you able to get school/Doctor to sign as referee ?

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Can photos of early years of child be used to somehow prove his residence in early years ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:04 pm

hopeforwk wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 pm
Can photos of early years of child be used to somehow prove his residence in early years ?
No, unlikely photos will be accepted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:07 pm

My child attended children center in 2011,they have confirmed to me that they have my son's record but they are refusing to release the attendance record to me , Does anyone know if they can legally do that ?

They are saying its against there policy

Linben123
United Kingdom

Post by Linben123 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm

I have not submitted Fitm T application, I am looking indo taking another route now. I believe that Data protection act confirms, that you have right to obtain information that an organisation holds if you. Not sure if they still have child attendance records from 2011... I had simple letter written by nursery and school, confirming that my child was a full time student with great attendance. About referees... I think it will be a hard one for me too as people professionally involved with children are not keen to share their personal info. I will approach some of the teachers we get in well with and see what happens

hopeforwk
Afghanistan

Post by hopeforwk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Linben123 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm
I have not submitted Fitm T application, I am looking in to taking another route now. I believe that Data protection act confirms, that you have right to obtain information that an organisation holds if you. Not sure if they still have child attendance records from 2011... I had simple letter written by nursery and school, confirming that my child was a full time student with great attendance. About referees... I think it will be a hard one for me too as people professionally involved with children are not keen to share their personal info. I will approach some of the teachers we get in well with and see what happens
Thanks Liben that's a great advice , I will request them to give me a written confirmation that my child has attended the children center.

My son's school and Gp has policy and they can't act as referee i will be requesting my accountant friend who knows my son to sign it for me me .

I was wondering is it a must for referee to know your child for 3 years in case of Form T as i know a social worker and she knows my son for over a year now

Linben123
United Kingdom

Post by Linben123 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:49 pm

Have a look on the form, it does say that they need to know him for 3 years