ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about SET(M) application documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmudigonda
Newly Registered

Query about SET(M) application documents

Post by mmudigonda » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:39 am

Dear all,
I would be most grateful for any info anybody could give me regarding a small matter with my wife's SET(M) application.
Not a bit thing really, but she recently submitted her ILR application under form SET(M). After sending the application off, my latest bank statement for the last month arrived which it had not done at the time the application was sent off. We included a heck of a lot of other info - all in all about 70 documents plus about 40 bank statements from more than 5 sources.
So my question is this - suppose the immigration people were to ask for my (i.e. her husband) latest bank statement- will they render the application invalid and we need to pay 750 again and resubmit the application, or will they simply inform us that they require this document and ask us to send it?
I'm a little concerned about the prospect of having to pay 750 again which we dont really have just for the sake of one document.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,.
best wishes,
Mogthefrog

whirly

Post by whirly » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:44 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I had the same thing happen at the beginning of April and I got my ILR. As long as you have provided enough other docs (sounds like you have), they should be able to determine your case without the latest bank statement.

mmudigonda
Newly Registered

Post by mmudigonda » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 am

Thank you for that Whirly. Also, can I confirm that my wife is alowed to work etc as per normal whilst the application is being decided, even if it takes beyond the end of her visa? Her application was submitted within the last 28 days and was done before the end of her visa, so presumably she can work as per normal in the meantime?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:30 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 am

hi,

when we applied in person...i noticed that the officer did'nt even pay any regard to our bank statements....based on this i would say you should be ok.

good luck!!