ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Seperated but still supporting application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SarahFS86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR M Seperated but still supporting application

Post by SarahFS86 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Hello. I’d really appreciate advise on the matter below. I haven’t seen any threads like this one on the forums.

I am British citizen married to a Malaysian national. We are 4 years into the 5 year route FLR M. No dependants and have had no issues with the process so far thankfully! (Partly due to the amazing advise we were able to find here).

Unfortunately we want to separate as a couple, but it’s not a bitter end to our relationship and we want to stay amicable. I want to continue to support her visa application until she obtains her own right to remain in the U.K.

However we do not want to force ourselves to live together for another year before applying for indefinite leave (at which point we could divorce without my partner losing her right to remain in the U.K.?).

I am considering leaving our flat where we live together but maintaining all my banking and employment mail to the address, and keeping both our names on all the bills - thus providing ‘proof’ that we live together when the application renewal comes up in a year from now.

However my concern is that if I rent out another flat will the Home Office find out?

Do they look into these things? Will I have to live ‘off the books’?

I realise what I am asking is against the terms of the FLR M visa, but the current situation is causing both of us a lot of mental health issues.

Any advice or guidance would greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

SarahFS86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M Seperated but still supporting application

Post by SarahFS86 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:37 pm

Please could someone help me?

Lallen
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M Seperated but still supporting application

Post by Lallen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi Sarah,

I'm no expert in Immigration law or procedures but from reading what you have stated in your initial post you're breaking Immigration laws. I can't see you getting any tangible advice from this forum.