ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New sponsorship licence due to change in ownership

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amanlamba1
United Kingdom

New sponsorship licence due to change in ownership

Post by amanlamba1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi,

I am working for a company X which is the 'asset' of holding company Y. Recently the holding company Y went to administration and now all the assets of holding company Y (which includes my company X) are purchased by another company. My company X never went to the administration and business is as usual for it, but there is a change in ownership of my company. Does that mean the sponsorship licence of my company X is invalid and they need to apply new license? Otherwise what are the compliance which are required to be done by me / my company X?

In all this process, my employment with company X is consistent.

Kindly advise.

Regards
Aman

amanlamba1
United Kingdom

Re: New sponsorship licence due to change in ownership

Post by amanlamba1 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:54 am

Hi

Anyone can please advise?

Many thanks.

Regards
Aman

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:52 pm

I was also in similar situation during my last job. I was working for a subsidiary of main company (Tier 2 Sponsor). Main company went into administration and child company kept operating as seperate business entity.

They had to apply for new Tier 2 License and the existing employees who was sponsored using main company applied new VISA using child company sponsorship.

There might be a chance that your sponsorship might be transferred once your company new license is approved under TUPE rules (but not sure though). Your company need to contact UKVI to get idea if existing employees can keep working until license approval or not (under TUPE rules). Also I have seen somewhere there is time limit like 20 working days for company in such situation to apply new license, check on that as well.

amanlamba1
United Kingdom

Post by amanlamba1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:49 pm

Many thanks for your response. In your case the main company was a sponsor. But in my case the subsidiary company is a sponser which never went into administration.

Any of the forum administrators, kindly advise.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards
Aman

amanlamba1
United Kingdom

Post by amanlamba1 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:23 pm

Forum moderators are kindly requested to help.
Many thanks in advance.
Regards
Aman