ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport with BC for a child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jana2011
Newly Registered

British passport with BC for a child

Post by Jana2011 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi there
Im going to apply for a British Citizenship through AN form for myself, and through MN1 section 3 (1) for my 8 years daughter. Unfortunately, the NCS service is no longer available at London councils as I have been told and my question is:

As Im going to dispatch both applications by post Can I sumbit one passport application for my daughter along with her MN1 application? (Since she is not required for a ceremony because of her age) Or do I have to wait untill the approval of her BC then to apply a passport for her?? Appreciated your reply with many thanks :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport with BC for a child

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:26 pm

You cannot apply for the British passport at the same time anymore. It has been discontinued. Also, it was never possible to apply for both MN1 or AN plus passport if applying by post.

You will have to wait till you and your daughter are both British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jana2011
Newly Registered

Re: British passport with BC for a child

Post by Jana2011 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Thank you CR001 appreciated your prompt reply. I’ll be waiting as per advised. Thanks again