ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New photos required for older JCAP applications?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

New photos required for older JCAP applications?

Post by silverchloride » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi all - with apologies if this has been asked before but I finally got my approval after 16 months waiting and recently had my citizenship ceremony.

I note that at the back of the decision letter, one of the paragraphs says that the passport office requires photos to be recent (last few months). I was therefore wondering if people here have had experience from Passport Office requiring new photos. Or will they use the ones I sent with my application 16 months ago.

Many thanks in advance to everyone in the forum as always for the guidance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New photos required for older JCAP applications?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:30 pm

You should contact HMPO and if they need more recent photos, you must send them. Passport photos cannot be older than 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:30 pm
You should contact HMPO and if they need more recent photos, you must send them. Passport photos cannot be older than 6 months.
Many thanks as always CR001, that's what I was thinking too. I had my ceremony yesterday - when should I contact them? Also, will my HO Reference Number be enough for them to track my application or will they need some other reference numbers.

Was also wondering if any others here who have had long delays in their JCAP were asked for new photos, or did the Passport Office just use old ones... I want to be a bit proactive on my end but don't want to annoy them either if they're getting on with it anyway.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Many thanks as always CR001, that's what I was thinking too. I had my ceremony yesterday - when should I contact them? Also, will my HO Reference Number be enough for them to track my application or will they need some other reference numbers.

You should phone then and find out. The Council will now inform HO that you have attended your ceremony and this will trigger HMPO, it can take a couple of weeks. Do you have the barcode reference number from your passport application form??
Was also wondering if any others here who have had long delays in their JCAP were asked for new photos, or did the Passport Office just use old ones... I want to be a bit proactive on my end but don't want to annoy them either if they're getting on with it anyway.
Yours is the first JCAP long delay I have seen to be honest.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.