ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No update from UKVI about spouse visa application yet

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Adriani101
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

No update from UKVI about spouse visa application yet

Post by Adriani101 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:23 am

Hi everyone,

I had my biometrics appointment on 15th January 2018 & my documents were scanned to Sheffield. Just wondering if anyone has an idea on when I am supposed to get an email from UKVI stating that they have received my supporting documents as its been over a week already and no update..

Thanks so much

(National of Kosovo & applying from Kosovo)

Jav9289
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: No update from UKVI about spouse visa application yet

Post by Jav9289 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Adriani101 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:23 am
Hi everyone,

I had my biometrics appointment on 15th January 2018 & my documents were scanned to Sheffield. Just wondering if anyone has an idea on when I am supposed to get an email from UKVI stating that they have received my supporting documents as its been over a week already and no update..

Thanks so much

I want to know this as well.

Please answer

nsxx
United States of America

Post by nsxx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:16 pm

i assume you mean 15th January 2019? the email confirming receipt of documents seems inconsistent, with some applicants getting this and others not. you can call or email via the paid service to confirm this if you're out of options but i would give it another 1-2 weeks at least

Adriani101
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adriani101 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi thanks for your reply,
Yes 15th January I thought I would have received an email by now which states that my documents have been received by Sheffield. But I will wait a further 2 weeks.

nsxx wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:16 pm
i assume you mean 15th January 2019? the email confirming receipt of documents seems inconsistent, with some applicants getting this and others not. you can call or email via the paid service to confirm this if you're out of options but i would give it another 1-2 weeks at least

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Adriani101 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much

I would suggest you wait a month or so because not everyone actually gets such a confirmation. Check how long the visa takes from Kosovo because for some countries it’s 3 months and so chasing before this time achieves nothing

Adriani101
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adriani101 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:19 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I couldn't find an exact website which states how long the spouse visa process takes for Kosovo but I know a few people from Kosovo who have applied for spouse visa for UK that got their visas in maz 2 months. Thanks a lot I was worried it was only me who still had not got a confirmation email!

ariamus wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:25 pm
Adriani101 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much

I would suggest you wait a month or so because not everyone actually gets such a confirmation. Check how long the visa takes from Kosovo because for some countries it’s 3 months and so chasing before this time achieves nothing

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am

Hi,

Im in the same boat i applies recently and not heard anything. Although i had my documents returned after a week of sending them.

Its just a waiting game. Don’t worry. You will get confirmation email soon. There quite few people not heard anything from them. I also paid priority fee. Not sure what’s happening. All the best and keep us posted.

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:03 pm

The challenge is inconsistency in the visa processing by UKVI. Process is not same for all countries.

We sent documents from Switzerland on 09th Jan via TLS Contact (paid additional fees for TLS Contact), received by UKVI on 10th Jan. The email received says "Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing." No further email or message from them. The people at TLS Contact clearly said no original and they took photocopies of all originals so I am not expecting return of any documents.

Any idea how long it takes from Switzerland? Website says for Long Visit (Greater than 6 months) within 15 days.

Adriani101
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adriani101 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi Shagaur,

Thanks for your reply we were told exactly the same about the originals, must have been a new rule as didn't know about it before the biometrics appointment.
I am sorry but I don't know what the exact processing visa times are for Switzerland but maybe a max of 90 days as stated on the gov website.

Good luck with the visa pls keep me updated.

Adriani101
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adriani101 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:30 pm

Hi Safina,

Thanks for your reply.

Hopefully you get positive news soon seeing as you applied for priority. Wishing you the best & will keep you posted pls keep us posted with your application.

Safina000 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am
Hi,

Im in the same boat i applies recently and not heard anything. Although i had my documents returned after a week of sending them.

Its just a waiting game. Don’t worry. You will get confirmation email soon. There quite few people not heard anything from them. I also paid priority fee. Not sure what’s happening. All the best and keep us posted.

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:32 pm

Adriani101 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:19 am
Hi,

I couldn't find an exact website which states how long the spouse visa process takes for Kosovo but I know a few people from Kosovo who have applied for spouse visa for UK that got their visas in maz 2 months. Thanks a lot I was worried it was only me who still had not got a confirmation email!

ariamus wrote:
Adriani101 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much

hi can you share some of your case history have you refused before and have you ever applied inside uk ?
i am thinking about my self if its easier i should do entry clearance

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:16 pm

Adriani101 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:30 pm
Hi Safina,

Thanks for your reply.

Hopefully you get positive news soon seeing as you applied for priority. Wishing you the best & will keep you posted pls keep us posted with your application.

Safina000 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am
Hi,

Definitely will do. I have a question if anyone can answer here would really help.
My timeline is as follow....

Application submitted online: 05/01/2019 - Priority
Biometric appointment: 08/01/2019 - Islamabad
Documents received by Sheffield: 14/01/2019
Email received from UKVI: 19/01/2019 - Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Documents received back from Sheffield: 22/01/2019

On the application where they ask what date do you intend to travel to UK. I did put 14th February 2019. How many people on this forum got their spouse visa before their intended date of travel????

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:56 pm

On the application where they ask what date do you intend to travel to UK. I did put 14th February 2019. How many people on this forum got their spouse visa before their intended date of travel????

I doubt UKVI take any consideration of the intended date of travelling if the date is so soon. I would think the date is requested so where it's in not too soon, they can issue the initial 30 day passport visa accordingly.

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 am

ariamus wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:56 pm

I doubt UKVI take any consideration of the intended date of travelling if the date is so soon. I would think the date is requested so where it's in not too soon, they can issue the initial 30 day passport visa accordingly.
Yeah. That makes sense. Hopefully they do consider it in my case lol!!!! The reason why I only paid priority fee. I have holiday booked from 23rd February. If my husband gets his visa sorted before that then I don’t have to travel. Otherwise I probably get there and he gets his visa and i have to come back in few days. Letss see. 19th February would be my 30th working day from biometric date. I can’t call them before this date I assume.

Thank you for you reply though. 😀😀

Adriani101
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adriani101 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:30 am

Hi,

This is my first visa application of any kind for the UK, I have never been in the UK before never been married before either.

Hope that helps

Auk333 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:32 pm
Adriani101 wrote:
Hi,

ariamus wrote:
Adriani101 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much

hi can you share some of your case history have you refused before and have you ever applied inside uk ?

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Adriani101 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:30 am
Hi,

This is my first visa application of any kind for the UK, I have never been in the UK before never been married before either.

Hope that helps

Hi,

I received my documents 11 days after my biometric and received email from them 9 days after they received my documents so don’t worry. They will send an email and then send your documents back. I heard thats the process these days. They not keeping anything at all, and sending everything back quite quickly on priority application. Hopefully you will get an update soon. 😀

Auk333 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:32 pm
Adriani101 wrote:
Hi,

ariamus wrote:

Adriani101
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adriani101 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi Ariamus,

Best of luck with your visa. I put my intended date of travel as 90 days from my online application. As I was advised it takes up to 90 days to get a response of positive/negative from Sheffield.

ariamus wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:56 pm

Adriani101
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adriani101 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you all that exactly 2 weeks after I submitted my visa, I got a call this morning to collect my passport & my visa has been issued !!!

Extremely happy. I did not pay priority and was shocked that I got it in 2 weeks!

Massive thank to this forum for all the help & advice forever grateful

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:03 pm

Adriani101 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:28 pm
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you all that exactly 2 weeks after I submitted my visa, I got a call this morning to collect my passport & my visa has been issued !!!

Extremely happy. I did not pay priority and was shocked that I got it in 2 weeks!

Massive thank to this forum for all the help & advice forever grateful

Congratulations. 😊

I’m still waiting and also paid priority ;(.

Adriani101
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adriani101 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:12 pm

Best of luck Safina, dont worry you will get your visa too!!

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:09 pm

Adriani101 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:12 pm
Best of luck Safina, dont worry you will get your visa too!!
Thank you. I hope so too. 😊

Raanya

Post by Raanya » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:38 am

Hi

Sailing in the same boat

Online Application-2/1/2019
Bio metrics- 18/1/2019
Docs to shef- 22/1/2019
confirmation email of online application- 27/1/2019

Case-6 years married, 2 year old baby girl born in India with British passport, previous refusal due to financials in 2013.

This might take a while it seems.

Jav9289
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by Jav9289 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:16 am

Raanya wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:38 am
Hi

Sailing in the same boat

Online Application-2/1/2019
Bio metrics- 18/1/2019
Docs to shef- 22/1/2019
confirmation email of online application- 27/1/2019

Case-6 years married, 2 year old baby girl born in India with British passport, previous refusal due to financials in 2013.

This might take a while it seems.
Was yours priority?
I hate everyone!

arsy20
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arsy20 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi Safina

We literally have the same timeline.

Application Category: Settlement (Wife) and (Step son)
Priority level: Priority for both
Application Submitted Online: 03/01/19
Biometrics & Passport Submission: Mirpur, Pakistan
Biometrics taken: 07/01/19
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield: 08/01/19
Supporting Documents Received At Sheffield: 09/01/10
Documents received back from Sheffield: 23/01/19
Email confirmation from UKIV: 14/01/2019 - For both applications received 10 minutes apart stating with entry clearance officer for consideration.
IHS fees for son email: Received on the 16/01/19
IHS fees paid and replied as per email instructions: 16/01/19

Hope you get your visa soon. Keep us up to date with any updates.

Thanks

Safina000
England

Post by Safina000 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:27 pm

arsy20 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:23 pm
Hi Safina

We literally have the same timeline.

Application Category: Settlement (Wife) and (Step son)
Priority level: Priority for both
Application Submitted Online: 03/01/19
Biometrics & Passport Submission: Mirpur, Pakistan
Biometrics taken: 07/01/19
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield: 08/01/19
Supporting Documents Received At Sheffield: 09/01/10
Documents received back from Sheffield: 23/01/19
Email confirmation from UKIV: 14/01/2019 - For both applications received 10 minutes apart stating with entry clearance officer for consideration.
IHS fees for son email: Received on the 16/01/19
IHS fees paid and replied as per email instructions: 16/01/19

Hope you get your visa soon. Keep us up to date with any updates.

Thanks
Hi,

Yeah i will do. I did call them yesterday and they said my application is still awaiting decision. So let’s see. I can’t escalate it until 19th February they said.

Please keep me posted if you receive any update from them too.

Thanks and all the best.