ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Confusedbandraboy
Newly Registered
India

Please help

Post by Confusedbandraboy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:18 pm

Dear all,

I am looking to apply for naturalization but am a bit worried because of the following points:
1. I was on a student visa when I came to the UK in 2005 and was part of my internship was able to work full time. I extended my student visa with a different college and continued to work full time as I got a letter from the college permitting me to do so.
2. I applied for HSMP visa in 2008 through a solicitor who sorted out the relevant documents and got the visa for 3 years.
3. I got the extension through another agent and got the extension. After the 5 years, I applied for ILR. The solicitor advised me to open a company and transfer funds to qualify for the required points.
4. I gave my life in UK test and Pearson test for English language and passed both.
5. My application was refused and I appealed. I do not remember the basis of refusal now but I ended up going to court alone as my solicitor cheated me by taking extra fees saying he will have to pay a lawyer to represent me but the lawyer sent a letter a day before the hearing to state he was no longer representing me and had left the company.
6. In the court the H.O. representative stated I had not showed adequate funds. I proved that I had by showing the bank statements and the dividends. I won the appeal. The H.O. did not take further action and I got my ILR. This was almost 2 years after I made the application and finally got my ILR in 2015.
7. I paid the Corporation tax and closed the company.

I would like to know if I will have difficulties with my application. I have struggled all this time and am in debt and am struggling to pay it off. All my savings would be used up if I apply for naturalization and cannot take the risk of it having being refused. Please help me as I really do need guidance and advice. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please help

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:26 pm

I extended my student visa with a different college and continued to work full time as I got a letter from the college permitting me to do so.
Fairly certain that your VISA would have prohibited this and if you had the 20 hours working restriction on your visa and ignored it, then you were in breached of your visa conditions.
I applied for HSMP visa in 2008 through a solicitor who sorted out the relevant documents and got the visa for 3 years.
What exactly do you mean by 'sorted out the relevant documents'??? I hope for your sake it did not involve dubious, dodgy or fabricated documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.