ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor not in UK at time of application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RobbyBobby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sponsor not in UK at time of application

Post by RobbyBobby » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi,
My sponsor (British unmarried partner) is not going to be in the UK at the time that I submit my online application as she is working abroad on a humanitarian project. She is due back in the UK shortly after my current visa expires so I really do need to do this while she is away.

Would this be an automatic fail? On the online application if I select NO then it gives an opportunity to explain the reasons. Do you think any reason would be good enough? Or, would she have to fly back to the UK just for me to submit my online application??

TIA

shargaur

Re: Sponsor not in UK at time of application

Post by shargaur » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:40 pm

What's her permanent residence? Is it UK? How long she has been away for? When she is expected to get back? Where is the salary credited and in which currency?

RobbyBobby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RobbyBobby » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:22 pm

Permanent residence is in the UK and we do have the correspondence to prove that (bank statements, bills etc). She has been away for a few months and is due back just a couple weeks after my current visa expires.

She is paid into the UK in GBP and we can also provide a contract stating this from the NGO she is working for.

I read elsewhere that the sponsor must be in the UK at the time the application is submitted which has me worried.

THanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:32 pm

You will need a letter from your partner supporting your application and explaining their reason for being out of the UK.

Presumably you have a copy of their British passport to submit with your application??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RobbyBobby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RobbyBobby » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:06 pm

A letter won’t be a problem and I can get scans of her passport for the online application. My understanding was that the sponsors passport can be uploaded via the new system and only my own needs to be brought to the appointment??

RobbyBobby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by RobbyBobby » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:36 pm

The advice on third party weblink removed by moderator sounds like the partner passport does not need to be the original...

#1 Applicants must include a valid passport.

#2 Applicants also should include copies of every page in their passport. The UK partner must do the same.

The photocopies that applicants take must be clear.