ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding degree certificate, pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gotoengland
Newly Registered

regarding degree certificate, pls help

Post by gotoengland » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:26 pm

hi, everyone.
i lodged my hsmp application after having finished my msc course. to claim the points for education, i provided the letter from my univisity confirmed i have passed all the exams and am waiting for the degree certificate. now i get the certificat. do i need to send it to the home office or the confirm letter from the university is enough for me to claim the concerned points ?

any comments pls, thanxs a lot.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:41 pm

They have to physically see the Degree Certificate before they award points!
Where there is a will there is a way.

narveer

Post by narveer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:28 pm

Chess,

May be he can arrange a Provisional Certificate or Provisional Degree. That wont serve the purpose ? Also He can provide full set of Transcripts. What do you think about it?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:31 pm

narveer wrote:Chess,

May be he can arrange a Provisional Certificate or Provisional Degree. That wont serve the purpose ? Also He can provide full set of Transcripts. What do you think about it?
No. It has to be the FINAL FULL Degree Certificate

bani

Post by bani » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:24 pm

I didn't submit a degree certificate but an official transcript of records with all my courses, grades and date of graduation - this has the seal of the school. I also got a letter from the head of my department stating my dates of attendance and final degree. I got the 30 points for a PhD. So this is an alternative.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:58 pm

bani wrote:I didn't submit a degree certificate but an official transcript of records with all my courses, grades and date of graduation - this has the seal of the school. I also got a letter from the head of my department stating my dates of attendance and final degree. I got the 30 points for a PhD. So this is an alternative.
Caseworker should have been in a good mood :wink:

lucky123

Post by lucky123 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:59 am

My Case i sent them my transcipts and they awarded all the points claimed. Maybe they knew they would reject elsewhere!