ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring spouse visa and limited company contracting

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fedus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sponsoring spouse visa and limited company contracting

Post by Fedus » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi all,

I have a question in relation to sponsoring a spouse visa & contracting.

I am a naturalised British citizen, employed and earning above the £18,600 threshold.
My fiance is currently in the UK under a student visa, our marriage has been approved by the Home Office.
Me and my fiancee are getting married in Q2 2019 and we are planning to apply for a spouse visa with me being the sponsor around late 2019/early 2020.

I am also looking to make a career move into contracting as a limited company in the IT sector.
I have looked into some of the earlier posts on this forum and also have read through Immigration Directorate Instruction: Family Migration (Aug 2017 version). Below is my understanding:
* Evidence for a director of an ltd requires at least one financial years-worth of records to meet the requirements
* Based on that, it does not make sense for me to make a career move until the spouse visa has been granted.

My questions:
1) Are the above conclusions correct?
2) Do you see any problems with moving to contracting after the spouse visa being granted? In my understanding, given that spouse visas are normally issued for 30 months, this gives sufficient time to run a limited company for over a financial year so that by the time we are renewing the spouse visa I will hopefully have the necessary track record.

Thanks and regards,

Fedus