ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover letter Tier-1 application with dependants(HSMP holder)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asifraza

Cover letter Tier-1 application with dependants(HSMP holder)

Post by asifraza » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:18 pm

Following is the cover letter I'm going to attach with my Tier-1 / HSMP extension application later this week. Would be great if you guys can have a look and let me know if anything needs to be tweaked ... especially where I'm giving reference to JR ...

Dear Sir/Madam,

I qualified under HSMP back in July 2004. Since then I’ve been working in my chosen field and been financially active. I got 3yrs extension in 2005 which is now ending on 15th July 2008. I need to apply for extension as I did back in 2005 but learnt from the Home Office website that all HSMP holders now need to re-apply under Tier-1 which is the only option available for extension under HSMP.

Please find attached my Tier-1 application form along with dependant’s application forms for:

• xxxx xxxx xxxx (wife)
• xxxx xxxx xxxx (son) and
• xxxx xxxx xxxx (son)

Attached are six passports in total – 4 new and 2 old/expired that contain the HSMP EC and extension/visas. My both sons were endorsed in my wife’s old passport but now have their own new passports. My youngest son Shayan was born in the UK on xx-xx-xxxx.

I’m claiming points under the following:

Qualifications – 30 points
it’s the same qualification that previously scored points under HSMP. According to the Tier-1 guidance note 64 (pg9), I’m not attaching the degree. The qualification is on the Self-Assessment tool.

Previous earnings – 45 points
claiming points for the past 12 months, from 01 June 2007 to 31 May 2008. Total earning during this period is £xx,xxx. Please find attached 12 payslips and corresponding Lloyds TSB bank statements.

UK experience – 5 points
I’d like to claim points under UK experience based on the previous earning documentation.

English language requirement – 10 points
my qualification/bachelors is on the Self-Assessment tool which was taught in English but since it is not listed under degrees taught in English therefore I’ve arranged to sit in the IELTS test which is booked for 28th June 2008. I’ll be able to send the result certificate soon after it is received – most probably by mid of July. A test confirmation photocopy is attached.

Maintenance – 10 points
as per Transitional arrangements for maintenance (funds) , please find attached one month bank statement from HSBC bank with (greater than) required funds for self and dependants. This is a joint saving account with my wife.

Total points claimed – 100

Please note one of the dependants (xxxx xxxx xxxx ) was born in the UK on xx-xx-xxxx. Since he is born here in the UK therefore some of the information required in his (dependent’s) form cannot be provided as the form does not cover his scenario (dependants born in the UK) such as:

• C1. Under what nationality did the dependant travel to the UK?
• D1. Did the dependant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the UK?
• D6. At which port did the dependant enter the UK?
• D7. Please give full details of the dependant’s method of entry into the UK
• D8. Please give details of journey, including where the dependant travelled from, ticket booking/reference number, transport operator.
• D9. For what purpose did the dependant enter the UK?
• D10. When did the dependant arrive in the UK?

I’ve left all these fields blank except C1, D1, and D7 with a note that the dependant born in the UK.

I’d like to request to consider my application (and dependents’) under the old HSMP rules as per High Court’s recent Judicial Review and judgement on the HSMP scheme. The reasons for this:

• I need FLR at this point in time under my old Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, not that I wish to re-apply for a different programme
• I wish to pay only for extension (£350) under HSMP – not £750 to re-apply under different programme
• My English test result will be out by mid July and, as per the Tier-1 guidance notes, my case will be kept open for that long whereas this is not a requirement under original HSMP for extension

I’m open to any advice from BIA/Home Office with regards to this extension application and can be contacted by any means.

Best regards,
Last edited by asifraza on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:19 am

I think you will have to pay 750 quids for your extension application.
Cost wrote: £750 for all other applicants, including applications for extension within Tier 1 (General) if you are currently in the United Kingdom under HMSP.
Also, you might want to read through this post where, as per the OP, his extension application was rejected as a result of paying incorrect fees (350 quids).

As of now, the only route to HSMP extension is Tier 1 and it is clearly mentioned that one has to pay 750 quids. So, do you really want to take the risk?

regards

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm

sushdmehta wrote:I think you will have to pay 750 quids for your extension application.
Cost wrote: £750 for all other applicants, including applications for extension within Tier 1 (General) if you are currently in the United Kingdom under HMSP.
Also, you might want to read through this post where, as per the OP, his extension application was rejected as a result of paying incorrect fees (350 quids).

As of now, the only route to HSMP extension is Tier 1 and it is clearly mentioned that one has to pay 750 quids. So, do you really want to take the risk?

regards
well, with the tier-1 application I'm going to pay £750 but if HO introduced changes based of JR which could mean less fee to pay then I'd like to go with it.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm

In that case, you say in your letter that you are paying 750 quids with the exectation that BIA will refund any monies if they decide to lower the fees at a later date. You are assuming that BIA is going to reduce extension application fees to 350 quids, and this can lead to unnecessary confusion.

BIA can change application fees (for any scheme) at any time they want to ... and they do it every other year. And in my opinion, the JR has no bearing on the issue of fees. But as I said, it is just my opinion.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:In that case, you say in your letter that you are paying 750 quids with the exectation that BIA will refund any monies if they decide to lower the fees at a later date. You are assuming that BIA is going to reduce extension application fees to 350 quids.

BIA can change application fees (for any scheme) at any time they want to ... and they do it every other year. And in my opinion, the JR has no bearing on the issue of fees. But as I said, it is just my opinion.

regards
think it's better this way as you highlighted ...

DAVICTOR
Newly Registered

Post by DAVICTOR » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 am

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone be of help, wanted to find out for overseas earning, is tax document of a neccesity? i have my 12 months business bank statements, invoices descriptions, accontants letter .

Kindly help with this.