ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Architect as a referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Milly7
Newly Registered
Poland

Architect as a referee

Post by Milly7 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Hello, I’ve noticed architects are not on the list of referees yet I understand from The Home Office’s website that the list is not exhaustive. Has any of you used an architect (by architect I mean a professional registered with ARB and RIBA) as a your professional referee? Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Architect as a referee

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:01 pm

If he is a member of RIBA, etc, as you say, then he is a "professional" and can be a referee. I only used Accountants who are members of their professional bodies - the architect is a member of RIBA which is a professional body.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Milly7
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Architect as a referee

Post by Milly7 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:09 pm

Great thank you. In the application I just said Architect for both of my referees. They both are RIBA and ARB registered, but I didn’t add this information, as in the UK the title “architect” is protected and I thought it was obvious that they have to be professionals... anyone using the title witout the relevant memberships is using it illegaly. I hope the Home Office are aware of it and I won’t get myself into trouble with the application :)