ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed with ILR question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hazuki
Newly Registered

Help needed with ILR question

Post by hazuki » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi everybody
The time is fast approaching for my wife to apply for her ILR ,
she is from india ,the question i need to ask is
will my being on jobseekers allowance affect the decision on the ILR
she has a 2 1/2 hour morning cleaning job and has accumalated wage slips from this ,and will be able to get a employers letter.

She has not claimed any public funds since arriving in this country nor will she.

thx and regards
Hazuki

hazuki
Newly Registered

Post by hazuki » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:39 am

any help is much appreciated
thx

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:58 am

hi,

as a british citizen u are entitled to claim benefits....the ILR application is all about establising that u have been living as man/wife for past 2 years you will need to prove this with all the docs, bills, bank statements, wage slips etc.

If u have survived the 2 years without ur wife using public funds i dont see why you will have a problem..as long as all the docs are submiteed in the correct spread over 24months and are from at least 5 sources.

hope this helps.

all the best.