ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for UK Fiance Visa soon!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

Applying for UK Fiance Visa soon!

Post by SoConfused84 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:17 am

Getting very excited & also a little nervous, but we finally have all our information together and are getting ready to APPLY! :)

Here is a list of the information we have put together, in no certain order yet. (Note: I am a U.S. citizen he is the U.K. citizen)

1) OVER Six months of bank statements.
2) Nearly 2 years worth of payslips.
3) Letter from HIS employer, where he was offered his job.
4) Two P-45s.
5) Letter from his Mom and Step-Dad stating that we can live in their home until we get married and are ready to move out on our own. (Also the letter states there are four bedrooms in the home and three bathrooms. And that we have our OWN bedroom and our OWN bathroom)
6) Various letters from my family and his family stating they support our plans and that they will also help us should any financial emergencies arise that we are unable to handle on our own.
7) His passport and my passport. Also have a certified copy of his birth certificate though I don't think I need this b/c I have his passport.
8) Recent phone bill showing he has called me many many times.
9) His mobile phone bill. (This is the only actual BILL he has besides paying for food and petrol!)
10) A monthly budget I put together for us, showing his pay each month and our estimated outings for each month.
11) Tickets from our various visits to one another.
12) Various emails and IM conversations.
13) Several pictures of us together, as well as pics of each of us with each other's family.
14) A copy of our engagement announcement in the newspaper.

And I think that is everything. lol. *whew*

Sooo...does that sound like ENOUGH information, based on anyone else's past experiences?

Also....I was wondering about how to put all of this stuff together when I mail it in with my application.
I thought about putting it into a notebook along with a index page so they will know where each thing is. But my fiance also suggested putting it into a plastic file folder thing with labels....
So any help with ideas for that would be super helpful.

Sorry if I have blathered on a bit. Just trying to make sure we have EVERYTHING so we can take a sigh of relief for a bit before the big wait. :D

Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:28 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Gee Soconfused84...... I am impressed with the package you have put together.

I cant see you being refused on this one.

Good luck. Make sure you keep copies of everything you send.. just in case

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

Post by SoConfused84 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:54 am

Oh me. I hope your right.
Been stressing WAY too much with all this paperwork recently.

Tomorrow....I get my biometrics done and then all of this will be out of my hands, and the WAITING will begin. :shock:

*rocks back and forth in my lil corner till I hear a reply from the visa gods* lol