ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two visa categories to ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dng_131
India

Two visa categories to ILR?

Post by dng_131 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Hello Immegration boards experts,

The work your are doing is really appricative. I hope you are well. I apologies if I am posting/asking this question which previously has been answered. I have two queries which I would like to get guidence on ti

This is about my wife's ILR application.

My wife got her first visa in Nov 2013. Visa type was - Tier 1 (General) Partner of me.
Then she got her visa extension in June 2016 - Visa type - PBS dependent leave to remain (till June 2019).

Now based on the guidence, I believe she qualifies for the ILR (5 years anniversary from Nov 2013). Is this correct? She has been out of the country for more than 180 days in 12 consecutive months.

Do we have to use SET (O) online form for her ILR application?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

DG.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Two visa categories to ILR?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:41 pm

There is NO absence limit if the visa extension was issued before 11 January 2018.

Yes online set O form.

She could have applied last year already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your reply. It is good to know that, absence limit is not applicable for the visa extension issued prior to 11 Jan 2018.

Yes you are right, she should have applied last year but her Life in the UK test was not completed. Can she apply for her ILR after the day she pass her ILR?

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:08 pm

Can she apply for her ILR after the day she pass her ILR?
Presumably you mean Liuk?? She should wait 7 days (might be 2 to 3 days) after passing her test I think to give HO system chance to receive the notification from test centre.

Does she have English B1?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi CR001,

Yes that is correct. I meant LiUK. I will wait for a week before we make an application.

She has English B1 already.

Kind regards,

DG