ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on 10 years long residency can my dependents apply ILR after completing 5 years as my dependent on tier 1 entreprene

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ragbirmattu
Newly Registered
India

ILR on 10 years long residency can my dependents apply ILR after completing 5 years as my dependent on tier 1 entreprene

Post by Ragbirmattu » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:58 am

dear members,

I have granted extension on my Tier 1 entreprenuer after successful AR in August 2018.

Now I have three very important and confusing questions regarding the ILR of my dependent spouse and my childs.
1- I am eligible to apply ILR on 10 Years long residency in September 1, 2019. (I am planning to apply)
2- Second I can also apply ILR on 5 years on Tier 1 Entreprenuer in same month September 2019.

Now the tricky question.
3- Can my wife also apply as ILR after completing 5 years as tier 1 dependent of me?. She granted visa in December 2014. She will compete the 5 years in December 2019. She has granted with me extension till August 2020.

I have been advised that she can not apply as ILR on legally completing 5 years and she has to wait another 5 years to apply ILR. Is it true?

If it is true then what application she should apply to be my dependent on ILR?
I have two childern 3 years and two months both born here and what will be there status after i grant ILR. Will they get the british passport without applying any further application to Home office or I have to apply them also.
Please please guide me on this. I am so confused.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR on 10 years long residency can my dependents apply ILR after completing 5 years as my dependent on tier 1 entrep

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:40 am

3- Can my wife also apply as ILR after completing 5 years as tier 1 dependent of me?. She granted visa in December 2014. She will compete the 5 years in December 2019. She has granted with me extension till August 2020.
No she cannot apply for ILR based on Tier 1 Dependent if you apply for ILR based on long residence. She has to switch to FLR(M) spouse visa and meet the English and financial requirements.
I have been advised that she can not apply as ILR on legally completing 5 years and she has to wait another 5 years to apply ILR. Is it true?
Correct, but only if you apply for ILR based on long residence.
If it is true then what application she should apply to be my dependent on ILR?
FLR(M).
I have two childern 3 years and two months both born here and what will be there status after i grant ILR. Will they get the british passport without applying any further application to Home office or I have to apply them also.
Non UK born child will follow the same path as your spouse. UK born children can be registered as British once you get ILR.

If you apply for ILR on the Tier 1 Ent route, she can apply for ILR when she meets the 5 year residence requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ragbirmattu
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR on 10 years long residency can my dependents apply ILR after completing 5 years as my dependent on tier 1 entrep

Post by Ragbirmattu » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Thanks for the reply it really helped me understand my application. Now i got two realted question of two different scenarios.

1 snario
If i spply ILR on 5 years completion as an tier 1 entrepreneurs after completing all requirements that i have been fulfilling by having more than two full time employment then my spouse can apply as her ILR application after three month in December by completing her 5 years as an dependent to me.

2 snario:
If i apply ILR on 10 years long residency then she can not apply ILR but FLRM. Is there any option for her to apply ILR on 5 years residency before i apply ILR on 10 years basis later on.

Another question if i go for IlR on 5 years can i do this by using premium service or window service. My accountant saying if i go for 5 years basis ILR tgen i can only use postal service.
Please guide

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:40 pm

1 snario
If i spply ILR on 5 years completion as an tier 1 entrepreneurs after completing all requirements that i have been fulfilling by having more than two full time employment then my spouse can apply as her ILR application after three month in December by completing her 5 years as an dependent to me.
Correct, provided you have been approved and received ILR.
2 snario:
If i apply ILR on 10 years long residency then she can not apply ILR but FLRM. Is there any option for her to apply ILR on 5 years residency before i apply ILR on 10 years basis later on.
No there is not. A PBS Dependent is not able to apply for ILR on their own if the main PBS migrant does not apply at the same time or hold ILR based on PBS route first.
Another question if i go for IlR on 5 years can i do this by using premium service or window service. My accountant saying if i go for 5 years basis ILR tgen i can only use postal service.

No, postal only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ragbirmattu
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ragbirmattu » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 pm

Thanks you are great CR001. Much appreciated. U have cleared all my confusion.