ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tax returns and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kikhan
Pakistan

tax returns and ILR

Post by kikhan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:58 am

Hi,
I am a full time employee at NHS, have not submitted my tax returns in past because HRMC did the calculations on my behalf for last 3 years and sent me the letter stating that I have to pay about 1000 £ extra because of less tax deductions last year. they also stated that HRMC have already done the needful and have changed my tax code so that by end of next year my due amount will be paid and I dont have to do anything in this regards.
I will be applying for ILR in May 2019, do I need to be worried about this or do I need to file my tax returns (I do not have any other business etc).??

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: tax returns and ILR

Post by bruteforce » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:03 am

You do not need to do anything. HMRC will collect the tax through PAYE (your salary) so no need to fill a tax return. Will have no impact on your ILR application.

kikhan
Pakistan

Re: tax returns and ILR

Post by kikhan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:18 am

thanks a lot for your prompt reply