ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sopra Steria library service point

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kevinx99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sopra Steria library service point

Post by kevinx99 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:59 am

Hi,
I have just made a payment for my citizenship application and was directed to the Sopra Steria website to book an appointment. I can only see 3 service points, 2 being over 70 miles away and the third is just down at my local library. I just called them to confirm if they provide the service before making the booking online and the woman on the line kept insisting that they only do the biometric capture but for visa applications and doesn’t know anything about citizenship services!!

Would anybody know if it’s the same process and means the same thing??

sotoke
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Sopra Steria library service point

Post by sotoke » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 am

they do biometric and check all you had uploaded online and ask you if you're happy for them to submit it. they don't advise on any documents you will send to home office

kevinx99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kevinx99 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 am

sotoke wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:09 am
they do biometric and check all you had uploaded online and ask you if you're happy for them to submit it. they don't advise on any documents you will send to home office
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know I was going to upload all the documents myself. I was a bit thrown off when the woman said they only do the services for visa application and didn’t have a clue about citizenship applications. Should I still go ahead and book the appointment?? I think it’s the same thing

sotoke
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by sotoke » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:26 am

Go ahead and book it,any center you see on sopra website is where you can get your biometric done and check document you uploaded. i guess the woman said that to you because some people goes there to still ask them what document should they send to home office.

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:06 am

UKVCAS is a new service that's only a couple of weeks old. Many of the staff are not completely conversant with the service scope. It's for all UK Visas and Immigration applications in the UK, including naturalisation as a British Citizen. So while it's not a visa application, it's a service for UKVI.