ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husbands spouse visa, and his other wife!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

martha

Post by martha » Sat May 03, 2008 5:19 pm

I have been researching Pakistani law this afternoon. The below link under part 6 clearly explains about pakistani marriage. The penalty for failing to comply is also interesting.
Thanks sb for giving me the incentive to research more.

http://www.vakilno1.com/saarclaw/pakist ... inance.htm

sb. like you say, my h is trying everything to remain here. How does he sleep at night knowing he's deceiving me, even still, with his lies. :(

sam2
Newly Registered

Where are you all now?

Post by sam2 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:22 pm

How are you all?

martha

Post by martha » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:41 pm

Hiya,
Well I'm doing ok and nothing to report as such, just waiting for the divorce date now. :)
My h seldom phones or texts me, so that's also good.
Thanks for asking :)
Will keep you updated as and when.

sam2
Newly Registered

Post by sam2 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:05 am

You must feel a lot better. Does this mean he not contesting divorce now? Was your MP any help? Sam

martha

Post by martha » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:34 am

Hi Sam,
My h is still contesting the divorce hence the slight delay. My solicitor is quite bemused by it all. I am still trying to get proof of the other marraige in Pak, though it appears I don't need it to proceed with the divorce.
I didn't hear anything back from my local MP. I wrote again to the HO asking they aknowledge receipt of my earlier letter, but nothing from them either :(
I'll contact my MP again, and see what he can do.
My h phoned last night(sigh) and says he won't return home when his visa expires. Guess that means he will be an overstayer.

sam2
Newly Registered

Post by sam2 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Oh dear. Did he just call you to tell you to say he would stay after visa expired? seems a bit odd especially as he seems not to have been in touch much for a bit.Good that you don't need proof of other marraige though.
My divorce was contested and it took ages to get to court, they so slow.

martha

Post by martha » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:17 pm

He has just called me again:(
Usual stuff, like he wants me to go and live in London again, and help with his restaurant. And lots more promises.
I suppose he is getting worried about his legal status now, as he doesn't have much time left.
I really don't understand him. But I've made it quite clear I've had enough of him. He makes me cross, lol

sam2
Newly Registered

Post by sam2 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Is london where his business is then? Where are you? Yeh no doubt he will be worying about visa, I suppose there is a chance he does still want to be with you, any chance he realises that he made big\mistake and want to\put it right?Is heMuslim?,if he is does that not mean he has to\look after you anyway? Would he still have to\look after you even if he had to leave Uk and be divorced or is it only look after you if you still married?
He seems to start speaking to you again, how long he not been speaking to you?
Must be so hard for\you to be hearing from him again whne you thought it was getting better.

martha

Post by martha » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 pm

Hiya,
He's in S London, and I live in the South, We've lived apart for 12months now.
Yes he's muslim, so am I. He does realise his mistake, and wants to put it right, however he deceived me from day one it seems, so the trust has gone on my part.
I guess I shall never know what his intentions were/are. And I am not prepared to share him with another wife especially when he said I would be his only wife when we married. My mental health suffered, and I am starting to get better, so I really don't want the old life back again. And like I say, I could never believe him or trust him again. Sad really, but there you are.

martha

Post by martha » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm

Oh, to answer your questions :) He can financially look after me if he wanted to, but I'm not hopeful. And should he goes home I doubt he will send me anything. I don't actually want anything from him, just some peace, lol

sam2
Newly Registered

Post by sam2 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:05 pm

Bet you don't want unhappy time again. Loosing trust is a big thing. Shame things work out like this. Hope you get the peace you want. Wonder ho0w long divorce and stuff will\take. Mine took like 8 months it was awful to wait that long.

sam2
Newly Registered

Post by sam2 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Just to say thanks,may sound mad, but I was getting the feeling it was only me that went through shite like this, it sort of helps to know it not.. soz that prob sounds bad. I found this site cos I felt sort of lost in hurt, if you know what I mean. I so wanted to get my own back, but that not normally how I work... except this time1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I ended upn writing horrible emails and texts, all cos I was hurt, I became someone else. Not good, cos did me no good either. At the time I felt justified indoing it but I was not being me. Soz you don't need my crap. How you doing? Is it just me that says horrible nstuff whenI hurt?
Sam2