ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to submit consent form to verify application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Forgot to submit consent form to verify application

Post by asifvet » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:18 am

Hi,
I submitted my ilr 10 year route yesterday at glasgow centre (9 am) for super priority and forgot to send the consent form document.
Is there any way of sending that document to home office. I submitted under new system online.
Any help will be really appreciated as I m very worried it says if you fail to do so, your application may be refused.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Forgot to submit consent form to verify application

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:05 pm

asifvet wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:18 am
Hi,
I submitted my ilr 10 year route yesterday at glasgow centre (9 am) for super priority and forgot to send the consent form document.
Is there any way of sending that document to home office. I submitted under new system online.
Any help will be really appreciated as I m very worried it says if you fail to do so, your application may be refused.
You should urgently send the consent form. Try to google the address as I am unaware of the address you need to send to. It is surprising how the UKVCAS staff also let go applications without proper check. They are supposed to atleast tell you what is missing at the appointment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifvet » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:51 pm

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. I have uploaded on to my online account, I m not sure how even after submitting the application the account still allow to upload/delete documents. I am going to try my best to post it today.
At appointment they did even not look at my original documents.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:06 pm

asifvet wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:51 pm
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. I have uploaded on to my online account, I m not sure how even after submitting the application the account still allow to upload/delete documents. I am going to try my best to post it today.
At appointment they did even not look at my original documents.
The online account remains active surprisingly. I think it stays active even till the decision is made. However, all your documents are verified by the UKVCAS centre before they submit your application. I am not sure uploading it later will be verified or not or would HO have access to docs uploaded later. Uncertain. So best to post it with a cover letter asap urgently.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifvet » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:10 pm

Thank you for prompt reply. Would that be Sheffield centre should I post? I m not sure which centre would process my application? I will wait for reply. Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:12 pm

asifvet wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:18 am
Hi,
When did you upload the consent form? The UKVCAS website says you can upload upto 10pm on the day of appointment. Not sure how it works though. If you uploaded yesterday before 10pm might be in a better position.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:14 pm

asifvet wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:10 pm
Thank you for prompt reply. Would that be Sheffield centre should I post? I m not sure which centre would process my application? I will wait for reply. Thanks
I am not even sure of the address. The best bet is to use the same address that was on ILR old paper form unless someone else can confirm the address being used for new online applications. Google for archived forms to get the old paper form address.

ricky83
Bangladesh

Post by ricky83 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:16 pm

i think the postal address is :

Home Office, SET (O)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham, DH1 9FS

please some expert on forum confirm this address.

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifvet » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:22 pm

Thank you very much. I uploaded this morning as only found out when I was going to put documents back, so may be not in a good position. I am going to check how can I deliver the letter by Monday am.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:30 pm

asifvet wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:22 pm
Thank you very much. I uploaded this morning as only found out when I was going to put documents back, so may be not in a good position. I am going to check how can I deliver the letter by Monday am.
I can see some post offices in glasglow are open untill 6pm today. You should actually make your way there if you want it to be there Monday am. Do it special delivery so you have proof of it.
Goodluck

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifvet » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:20 pm

So I m basically stuck here, dpd, royal mail, parcrlforce, none of them are willing to send letter to an adrees with post box. They needed exact street number and building number.

I contacted ukvacs, they said every thing goes at 10pm and documents won't be visible to home office.

Is there any other suggestion anyone has?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:28 pm

asifvet wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:20 pm
So I m basically stuck here, dpd, royal mail, parcrlforce, none of them are willing to send letter to an adrees with post box. They needed exact street number and building number.

I contacted ukvacs, they said every thing goes at 10pm and documents won't be visible to home office.

Is there any other suggestion anyone has?
https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-seto

check address on archived form i cant open the link somehow

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifvet » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Thank you for all your replies. The link and every search reveal the same address with post box. I could not find any info anywhere about street or building number which the courier services needs. What a stressful weekend.
Can't find any info in any other posts about the address problem. 😭😭

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:36 pm

asifvet wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:45 pm
Thank you for all your replies. The link and every search reveal the same address with post box. I could not find any info anywhere about street or building number which the courier services needs. What a stressful weekend.
Can't find any info in any other posts about the address problem. 😭😭
I dont understand why they cant post at the above address. Just put your letter in an envelope with a first class stamp on and drop it in a letter box. It should go. Not sure why they are refusing.

Also, try finding an email or fax number in the meanwhile where you can email.

Dont stress you just sent your application yest, highly unlikely it will be considered that soon.

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifvet » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:02 pm

It's posted and reach the address by Tuesday morning. I will also ring them tomorrow to explain and ask for email address. Thank you for all the help .
Spoke to person in post office today, she said for same day delivery they can't accept the post box but for next day it's ok. How strange?

I will keep posted.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:34 pm

They cannot accept the application and process your personal details without your consent (GDPR) to verify the information.

Also a good reason to reject the application and get more fees. If you had a premium lounge appointment it is a breach of contract from Sopa Steria and you should be able to get your application fees from them in a court of law (they should have validated your documents and uploaded them for you).

Good luck and don't forget to come back and update others as it will help them.

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifvet » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 pm

Thank you both of you. Whilst I took Monday off from work stressing out and rang them at 9am and was told nothing can done now , I got an email 9:15 that my application is granted.
I receive BRP today in post, issue date is 26/01/19.

From all this I conclude, that though I uploaded consent form next day it must be visible to them as opposed to what I was told on phone by sopra Setria that any documents uploaded after 10pm won't be visible to ukvi.

It was the normal appointment not premium service.
Also from my experience, people should upload all documents very carefully themselves if they can. At appointment they did not even look at oroginal documents.

I am impressed with ukvi service, I got email within 24 hours of my appointment. Surely, I won't be forgetting consent form ever again

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:18 pm

asifvet wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 pm
Thank you both of you. Whilst I took Monday off from work stressing out and rang them at 9am and was told nothing can done now , I got an email 9:15 that my application is granted.

From all this I conclude, that though I uploaded consent form next day it must be visible to them as opposed to what I was told on phone by sopra Setria that any documents uploaded after 10pm won't be visible to ukvi.

Also from my experience, people should upload all documents very carefully themselves if they can. At appointment they did not even look at oroginal documents.

I am impressed with ukvi service, I got email within 24 hours of my appointment. Surely, I won't be forgetting consent form ever again

Many congratulations first of all. Your post is indeed helpful to most of us like me. I am submitting my Set LR application in next couple of week. Can you explain where from we can get this consent form and when to upload.
Secondly, can you please tell me what was your previous leave to remain and what other documents you uploaded online. Many thanks

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:15 pm

asifvet wrote:

Congratulations my friend. Light at the end of the tunnel for all those who have done good things,!
Next hurdle is easier.

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifvet » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Just follow the online instructions on the form.
Not much documents needed for LR. Just passports, life in UK test, English language. A checklist is provided for your documents so it's very easy online application

Once you pay and get an email for application submission confirmation, a link is sent to download consent form. Download, print and sign it and upload with your documents.

Upload all documents very carefully,,because at appointment they don't check what you have uploaded and what's not. They only check that uploaded doc are of good quality meaning readable

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:08 am

@asifvet many thanks for your prompt reply, i will update you with my outcome.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:49 am

asifvet wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:57 pm
Not much documents needed for LR. Just passports, life in UK test, English language. A checklist is provided for your documents so it's very easy online application

Once you pay and get an email for application submission confirmation, a link is sent to download consent form. Download, print and sign it and upload with your documents.

Upload all documents very carefully,,because at appointment they don't check what you have uploaded and what's not. They only check that uploaded doc are of good quality meaning readable
This answered my question as well Good and Congrats.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:53 pm

asifvet wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:57 pm

@asifvet just checking that main applicant just have to sign the part 1 of the consent and part 2 must be singed by the spouse whom with the joint account for bank r utilities is held with. Part 3 ??? does it need to be singed by the main applicant if providing the finances to himself i suppose or should be left blank??? mant thanks

asifvet
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifvet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:39 pm

Part 3 is only need to be signed by third party, so if you are showing your finances yourself leave it blank.

Sprint_Fan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Sprint_Fan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:11 am

asifvet wrote:

Hi Asif,
I am in a very similar situation as you were. The sequence of events is as follows:
1. Set (LR) application submitted online using Super Priority.
2. Biometrics at Sopra Steria Croydon on Thursday 7th March 2019.
3. Submitted consent forms on Saturday 4:15am in the morning. Yes the upload links on Sopra website are still active.

I see that you submitted your Bio Metrics and Docs at Sopra on a Friday (Lets Call it 10 pm on Friday as this is the time the files gets uploaded to the HO servers ) and your consent form was submitted on Saturday (Could you please tell me what exact time on Saturday you submitted your consent forms?) By the looks of it, you submitted your consent form 0.5 day after your final Document upload using Sopra.

Now, I see that uploading documents on Friday at 10pm got you your ILR issued on Saturday. Do you think that they issued you ILR before even receiving your consent forms? This can only be determined if you could please tell me what time on Saturday you uploaded the consent forms on Sopra website. One thing is for sure that HO do work on Saturdays but I am trying to establish whether they gave you ILR before you looking at your consent forms? In my situation, since my appointment was on Thursday which means my documents uploaded at 10pm on Thursday and must have been picked up by the case worker on Friday (since you were issued very next day even if it was a Saturday) and I uploaded my consent forms 1.5 days after my Sopra appointment unlike you who did it after 0.5 day. Do you think calling them today i.e. Saturday at 9:00am would be good enough? Or shall I email them all the details? One serious concern however is that the check list provided at the end of application for Set (LR) does not included consent forms. I was going by the check list provided and ticked all the enteries on my paper check list which never included consent forms. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.