ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:24 am

hi TSP

what did they tell u? they have already send ur docs? i applied from UK HSMP to Tier1 extension

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:41 am

vipul1981 wrote:hi TSP

what did they tell u? they have already send ur docs? i applied from UK HSMP to Tier1 extension
They didnt tell anything and said 10 weeks rule. I have applied with HSMP approval Letter.

As you mentioned, if they processed ur application, hopefully mine also should be in the list. Applied on 2nd of may and not got my docs so far.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:50 am

Vipul,
looks like apart from Dinesh, nobody has got document among those who applied in the week starting on 28th April.
So for May applicants, this week may not be the week to receive documents. One thing I observed, there used to be big gap between the approval date and the date u receive the documents - that was probably because, there was a queue for stamping as well. These days, that queue seems to be short one.
vipul1981 wrote:hey fellows. kindly update if anybody receives any approvals today

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:18 am

Kmore u got to remember one thing. if u look at the April list, clearly the approvals may not come according to applic dates. so we might start seeing some may applications coming now.

ya u r rite that the stamping is lot quicker now. lets see what hapens

ANY APPROVALS?

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:23 am

Updating April list

Sriaddy, Anilhemnani, Chakde23, Beever, Headley ,Cooldepps, Ajay, behari, Room606, Technonerve .

Technonerve, did u get ur documents ?

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 am

Probably my 2p worth of advice.

I know it is very hard to wait without doing a thing, but it's appear to me that phoning them will not make the application progress faster.

To me, it's seems like faxing them with reason/enquiry works better. 4 days before I receive back my passport I actually fax an enquiry about my son's passport number for medical purpose and I did mention that I would likely need his passport sometime in near future too. And on the next day a lady from UKBA email me back with my son's passport number. I try to resist not to ask anything else and just thank her for her prompt reply. And few days after that I got back my passport.

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:36 am

You are right Jessica, Phoning them only makes us more anxious. Last week, they told me that my application is in the final stages, yesterday they told the documents are still in the HO. It only worries me more. And i am sure, if i call today, they will have another answer.

My agent says she received 3 other applications on saturday, which was sent around the same time as mine. So mine should not be very far away.

Hope the 10 of us ( april applicants) get something this week.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:43 am

I wrote an email to Customer Support late afternoon on last friday. I did ask the unpleasant question of status of my application. Also, I informed them, I have travel plan in the beginning of July. Attached the e-ticket with confirmed date. I requested them to ensure I receive the documents before my travel date.

But I haven't heard anything from them. Not even an acknowledgement of the email.

jessica_halida wrote:Probably my 2p worth of advice.

I know it is very hard to wait without doing a thing, but it's appear to me that phoning them will not make the application progress faster.

To me, it's seems like faxing them with reason/enquiry works better. 4 days before I receive back my passport I actually fax an enquiry about my son's passport number for medical purpose and I did mention that I would likely need his passport sometime in near future too. And on the next day a lady from UKBA email me back with my son's passport number. I try to resist not to ask anything else and just thank her for her prompt reply. And few days after that I got back my passport.

beever

Post by beever » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 am

hi yeah i agree. phoning them you just get diff responses all the time. called today and they said its not been despatched, average its taking 6 weeks time and when we said we are on the 6th week, they said it should not take much longer. the 28th april to 30th april approval seems to have just frozen for a while since last week.
please keep us updated if you have any progress. :?

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:10 am

kmore97 wrote:I wrote an email to Customer Support late afternoon on last friday. I did ask the unpleasant question of status of my application. Also, I informed them, I have travel plan in the beginning of July. Attached the e-ticket with confirmed date. I requested them to ensure I receive the documents before my travel date.

But I haven't heard anything from them. Not even an acknowledgement of the email.

jessica_halida wrote:Probably my 2p worth of advice.

I truly understand your frustration. UKBA not normally get back to you when you fax them. But I do think that UKBA prefer to entertain fax than phone. I had not thought about logging a complaint as in yet.

This is not my first time faxing them. My first time faxing them is when my company change it's name so I fax to let UKBA know of the change of name and email address. I've also said "My 28 days waiting period has elapsed and my employeer keen to know the progress of the application whenever appropriate" but they had never reply anything to me. So I assume my question is not "a valid" question to be answered, and therefore I had never ask again. That fax dated 28 May. I do not consider my application as a straight forward application as I have a maternity period in between my previous earning. And then my salary is paid to my husband account. So as maintenance proof I had to send a different bank statement.
I don't know whether faxing them asking for urgent treatment/speed up is any good. But it seems to work for me.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am

I cant believe this! Absolutely no approvals today. :(

mbnarayn

Tier 1 General Approved

Post by mbnarayn » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:31 am

Hi Everyone

Just got my passport with tier 1 general visa approved.

Type: IGS to Tier 1 General
Documents Sent: 1 May 08
Date on Acknowledgement Letter: 2 May 08
Acknowledgement Letter Received On: 5 May 08
Approved On: 5 June 08
Passport Received On: 10 June 08
Points Claimed: 75 + 20 (Maintenance & English)

Good luck to everyone.

This forum has been great.

Thanks Very Much.
Last edited by mbnarayn on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:53 am, edited 6 times in total.

jessica_halida

Re: Tier 1 General Approved

Post by jessica_halida » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:33 am

mbnarayn wrote:Hi Everyone

Just got my passport with tier 1 general visa approved.

Type: IGS to Tier 1 General
Documents Sent: 1 May 08
Acknowleged On: 5 May 08
Approved On: 5 June 08
Passport Received On: 10 June 08
Points Claimed: 75

Good luck to everyone.

This forum has been great.

Thanks Very Much.
Congrats!!! finally someone from MAY!

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:45 am

congrats. See Kmore i told u we will start seeing may applications coming back. thats good news

sriaady

Post by sriaady » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:55 am

Congrats mbnarayan, good to see the may line moving.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:15 pm

any more approvals?

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:28 pm

More News to share

My documents are received by my wife right now and it's approved - Thanks God!

Brief of my applications.

WP to Tier-1
(Indian Salary + UK allowance)
Application Date: 1-May-08
Note: I never called home office

I'll post the details after I get back home in the evening.

Big Big thanks to the forum!
Last edited by kmore97 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baheri

TIER 1 Extension

Post by baheri » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:29 pm

didnt receive anything in post today. I m hoping it now for tomorow

ceediddy
Newly Registered

Post by ceediddy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:32 pm

am tempted to recall my application
i have been waiting since 18th april but yet no approval......
maybe i should have applied in may
lets hope more stuff happens this week cos next week am away to travel and need my passport

anilhemnani

Post by anilhemnani » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:50 pm

Same here.. I will wait for tomorrow and then will take a decision to withdraw the application. I need to start next weekend for home.
ceediddy wrote:am tempted to recall my application
i have been waiting since 18th april but yet no approval......
maybe i should have applied in may
lets hope more stuff happens this week cos next week am away to travel and need my passport

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 pm

congrats Kmore. Thats great news. have fun

Technonerve

Good News

Post by Technonerve » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi people, got the tier 1 today approved until 3.06.2011! details
WP to tier 1
applied on the 28th of April 2008
payment taken on the 29th
letter dated 29/04 with PB30410***
allocated to caseworker on the 28/05 and letter sent to fill public funds
faxed on the 29/05 and on the 1/06 + urgent treatment request and next day letter sent on the 2/06 with the same details
documents received today with passport stamped and decision taken on the 3rd of June. claimed 110 points got them all
best of luck for everyone.

beever

Post by beever » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:46 pm

OMG congrats!! that's faster than all of us!

kmore97 wrote:More News to share

My documents are received by my wife right now and it's approved - Thanks God!

Brief of my applications.

WP to Tier-1
(Indian Salary + UK allowance)
Application Date: 1-May-08
Note: I never called home office

I'll post the details after I get back home in the evening.

Big Big thanks to the forum!

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:46 pm

congratulations techno. thats great stuff. suddenly the que is moving

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:48 pm

beever as i said before the approvals dont come necesarily in order u apply.

This has been a constant trend in applications rite from march