ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions regarding my wife's spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Few questions regarding my wife's spouse visa application

Post by Anon8525 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:23 pm

My wife is currently on a Tier 2 (General) visa but she wants to apply for a spouse visa.. We got married abroad (in our country of birth) in December last year. I have known her since November 2017, but we were living apart in separate cities before we got married due to work. After I got married, I have been able to transfer my work location (under the same employer) closer to where she lives and I moved in with her this week. I have the following questions:

1) My wife is actually living in a property owned by her father. I can obtain a proof of ownership (Land Registry doc) and a letter from him giving permission for us to live there. My wife's siblings live in other cities during term time but often come to stay on weekends and during holidays. For the question regarding who lives at the property, should I write their details as people living in the property? Furthermore do I have to provide a property inspection report?

2) We need to show proof that we are now living together. My most recent bank statement (this month's) have my wife's address and so does my driving license. My wife also has her bank statements plus HMRC letters. I only have correspondence at this address for this month. Will these be sufficient?

3) My employer sends e-payslips which I've printed. Do I need to provide a letter from my employer stating that these are authentic (on top of the employment letter)?

4) Do I need to provide a cover letter for her application?

5) I am unsure of what to show for subsistence of marriage requirement. We have photos from our wedding ceremony, invitation card and we could provide chat logs from instant messaging services from when we first started speaking. If needed I could also provide train ticket details for all the time I travelled to meet her when we were dating. Is there anything else that we need?

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Few questions regarding my wife's spouse visa application

Post by Anon8525 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:10 pm

I have a further queries, I printed my payslips online (my employer doesn't provide paper payslips). The letter from my employer states that these payslips are true copies. Is this OK?

Also, I am a dual-citizen, and on my employment letter my original nationality is stated (i.e. it does not mention that I am a British citizen). Will this be OK?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:48 pm

Anon8525 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:23 pm
My wife is currently on a Tier 2 (General) visa but she wants to apply for a spouse visa.. We got married abroad (in our country of birth) in December last year. I have known her since November 2017, but we were living apart in separate cities before we got married due to work. After I got married, I have been able to transfer my work location (under the same employer) closer to where she lives and I moved in with her this week. I have the following questions:

1) My wife is actually living in a property owned by her father. I can obtain a proof of ownership (Land Registry doc) and a letter from him giving permission for us to live there. My wife's siblings live in other cities during term time but often come to stay on weekends and during holidays. For the question regarding who lives at the property, should I write their details as people living in the property? Furthermore do I have to provide a property inspection report?

2) We need to show proof that we are now living together. My most recent bank statement (this month's) have my wife's address and so does my driving license. My wife also has her bank statements plus HMRC letters. I only have correspondence at this address for this month. Will these be sufficient?

3) My employer sends e-payslips which I've printed. Do I need to provide a letter from my employer stating that these are authentic (on top of the employment letter)?

4) Do I need to provide a cover letter for her application?

5) I am unsure of what to show for subsistence of marriage requirement. We have photos from our wedding ceremony, invitation card and we could provide chat logs from instant messaging services from when we first started speaking. If needed I could also provide train ticket details for all the time I travelled to meet her when we were dating. Is there anything else that we need?
1. If your wife's siblings are not using that address and just use that accommodation casually then I don't think that is there any need to put their names on the form and property inspection report.

2. For initial spouse visa entry clearance or switch from another category there is no need of proof of cohabitation and any proof of current address should work.

3. Get these e-payslips either stamped & signed or ask your employer to state separately or in same employer letter that these are true and genuine.

4. Its optional but in most cases be helpful if it is being written precisely and relevantly.

5. Yes you will need proof of subsisting relationships right from the beginning of relationship and the proofs you mentioning should work.

If your employer hasn't mentioned your British nationality then it shouldn't be an issue since you declaring it on the form and sending original/copy of your passport to them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Anon8525 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:57 am

Many thanks for the reply seagul. It is very reassuring. :)