ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tsp

Post by tsp » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi All,

I have just called HO and my docs are not despatched yet and i dontknow, whether the decsion has been made or not, when i asked about it, they said the same 10 weeks story...

Application Date : 2nd May
HO Received : 6th May
Decision : Awaiting

Maheshindiauk
Newly Registered

Post by Maheshindiauk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi Jessica,
Please provide me the Fax number for Tier 1 application, and if possible the covering letter fro travel reason.. Thanks...
jessica_halida wrote:Probably my 2p worth of advice.

I know it is very hard to wait without doing a thing, but it's appear to me that phoning them will not make the application progress faster.

To me, it's seems like faxing them with reason/enquiry works better. 4 days before I receive back my passport I actually fax an enquiry about my son's passport number for medical purpose and I did mention that I would likely need his passport sometime in near future too. And on the next day a lady from UKBA email me back with my son's passport number. I try to resist not to ask anything else and just thank her for her prompt reply. And few days after that I got back my passport.

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:55 pm

kmore97 wrote:More News to share

My documents are received by my wife right now and it's approved - Thanks God!

Brief of my applications.

WP to Tier-1
(Indian Salary + UK allowance)
Application Date: 1-May-08
Note: I never called home office

I'll post the details after I get back home in the evening.

Big Big thanks to the forum!
Kmore, Can you explain how you had applied and any information that you can share regarding the Previous Earnings bit. I am in the similar situation and would like to know what you did.
I get a P-60, but it doesnt mention anything about tax paid, and I wont qualify with my allowance alone.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Suresh

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Techno,
Are you saying that the caseworker who sent you letter for sectionAA1 has signed your approval letter ?

In that case I have received an out of office response from my CW yesterday - doest it mean my case which i assume is with his manager will be returned back to caseworker who then will finally sign it ? in this case it might then only happen once he is back next week - do you agree ?

Technonerve wrote:If the decision is taken on the 6th and compared to my application u should hopefuly get it by the 12th. But don't believe what the people tells u behind the CC about manager's manager's manager whatever signature. If u read the first letter sent by HO with ur PB number it clearly says "The application will be passed to a casworking TEAM for consideration" I do think personaly that this team is made of junior caseworkers which they check the documents and if it is straight forward for them they will take the decision on their own, if not they will call for assistance from someone more senior and so on, but if the case is simple they can deal with it, for instance in my situation, i called on the 28th of may the first time and they gave me the answer still not assigned to a caseworker, the very next day i called and i was told the caseworker sent u a letter yesterday to get a part of ur application filled, so i assume my caseworker started on my case on the 28th and they did verify everything that day, and the letter i got is signed by the same person who took the decision and approved my application, so i think my idea of caseworker and casworker team is logic. I did sent the asked part of the application by fax and called on the 2nd to check if they received it and yes they did, and the decision is made on the 3rd so putting everything together it takes i think less than a day to check everything and approve a case, my document were sent on the 9th so 6 days for my application to travel from i think the desk of the caseworker to the people who print the visas and again to the postoffice room to be despatched. PS: i did sent an urgent treatment request with my fax, as i need to be in a family's wedding and i am the best man and i did enclosed a letter from the future husband and a copy of his passport, in the letter we both wrote, we will be grateful if this matter could be taken in consideration, and they were very sympathis and they treated with my case urgently. So making from a long story short and only impressions nothing more: Caseworker team (1 junior, 1 middle grade, common senior), urgent treatment and straight forward it will be dealt in a day, all application r waiting 28 days before the dust is blown from them, the application depends how flexible and senior is the junior caseworker, and of course it depends on how simple r the documents sent specially for people asking for earnings from abroad, average of 1 week to get the documents to be sent after approval, urgent treatment request depends on the good heart of the caseworker, no specific format but it should be coherent and pro this is my advise.
Respect

vipul1981 wrote:techno in my case i was told by HO that decision was taken last friday which was 6th june. and its waiting to be signed off by the manager and if its approved, then it will go for stamping. what do u reckon when should i expect

dev1234
Newly Registered

Post by dev1234 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi Chakde,

even I got the same call from my case worker on last friday about missing section AA. Even I fiiled up the form scanned it and sent it back to CW's mailid. Not sure if for both of us the case worker was same. I applied on 6th may.but, still no news. Mt CW said he will take a decision on last friday and then will send it to his manager for further processing. :( ..
chakde23 wrote:Hi Techno,
Are you saying that the caseworker who sent you letter for sectionAA1 has signed your approval letter ?

In that case I have received an out of office response from my CW yesterday - doest it mean my case which i assume is with his manager will be returned back to caseworker who then will finally sign it ? in this case it might then only happen once he is back next week - do you agree ?

Technonerve wrote:If the decision is taken on the 6th and compared to my application u should hopefuly get it by the 12th. But don't believe what the people tells u behind the CC about manager's manager's manager whatever signature. If u read the first letter sent by HO with ur PB number it clearly says "The application will be passed to a casworking TEAM for consideration" I do think personaly that this team is made of junior caseworkers which they check the documents and if it is straight forward for them they will take the decision on their own, if not they will call for assistance from someone more senior and so on, but if the case is simple they can deal with it, for instance in my situation, i called on the 28th of may the first time and they gave me the answer still not assigned to a caseworker, the very next day i called and i was told the caseworker sent u a letter yesterday to get a part of ur application filled, so i assume my caseworker started on my case on the 28th and they did verify everything that day, and the letter i got is signed by the same person who took the decision and approved my application, so i think my idea of caseworker and casworker team is logic. I did sent the asked part of the application by fax and called on the 2nd to check if they received it and yes they did, and the decision is made on the 3rd so putting everything together it takes i think less than a day to check everything and approve a case, my document were sent on the 9th so 6 days for my application to travel from i think the desk of the caseworker to the people who print the visas and again to the postoffice room to be despatched. PS: i did sent an urgent treatment request with my fax, as i need to be in a family's wedding and i am the best man and i did enclosed a letter from the future husband and a copy of his passport, in the letter we both wrote, we will be grateful if this matter could be taken in consideration, and they were very sympathis and they treated with my case urgently. So making from a long story short and only impressions nothing more: Caseworker team (1 junior, 1 middle grade, common senior), urgent treatment and straight forward it will be dealt in a day, all application r waiting 28 days before the dust is blown from them, the application depends how flexible and senior is the junior caseworker, and of course it depends on how simple r the documents sent specially for people asking for earnings from abroad, average of 1 week to get the documents to be sent after approval, urgent treatment request depends on the good heart of the caseworker, no specific format but it should be coherent and pro this is my advise.
Respect

vipul1981 wrote:techno in my case i was told by HO that decision was taken last friday which was 6th june. and its waiting to be signed off by the manager and if its approved, then it will go for stamping. what do u reckon when should i expect

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:09 pm

thanks techno. i think u r rite. if its approval, it should come back by this saturday. i mean if on monday or today senior approves and then it goes for stamping tom and by friday they shud be able to send it. so i shud receive it this sat.

Fingers crossed

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:13 pm

so did he say he will take a decision on same day he called you & you sent scan copy ...i.e. last friday ?

If he has forwarded to his manager for further processing , i guess there will be few more days to wait then...I was called on 2nd June & whole last week has gone + 2 days in this week...still no news...plus i am worried as he is not in office till next week......

dev1234 wrote:Hi Chakde,

even I got the same call from my case worker on last friday about missing section AA. Even I fiiled up the form scanned it and sent it back to CW's mailid. Not sure if for both of us the case worker was same. I applied on 6th may.but, still no news. Mt CW said he will take a decision on last friday and then will send it to his manager for further processing. :( ..

Respect

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi dev1234,

Your details are not with us. Please update.

-H

dev1234
Newly Registered

Post by dev1234 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi chakde,

In his mail he mentioned that he will take a decision on the same day. My details are :

Applied : 06th May
Reference letter received on : 08th may.
Decision taken: waiting.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:36 pm

dev u and i applied on same day. CW took decision on my applic on friday and was given to his manager after that for approval. so lets see what happens. i think coz of our timing, we might have the same CW. lets hope its all positive and hopefully we will receive something this week or early next week.

carriew
Newly Registered

Post by carriew » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 pm

hussainkothari wrote:No need to worry. The ref nuber comes by 2nd class post and you can expect within 5 days after sending your docs. Since the money is out, you dont need to worry. The transaction is made. So they have processed your case.
carriew wrote:hi all I'm a newbie here need all of your advice :) I applied from the UK and money was taken out of my account 3 days ago, but I haven't received any letter with reference no. :cry: Is there a reason why, should I worry about it?
Thanks hussainkothari. You were right at least they have received the docs, I will stop worrying now :) Thanks!

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi Chakde,
yes it's the same person who sent asking for the AA who signed the approval. I dunno from where u got the news that ur case is getting checked by another manager, if it is from CC i dunno how accurate is that, because they don't give u details and as i said, sometimes they give u contradictory details, even my caseworker when she sent me the letter as u know she asked for the maintenance funds under a different section, and even with a grammatical mistake in her letter, so basically, if ur application is not straight forward and that means that everything is really clear for them, they will need to seek advise from a senior, don't forget it's a new system and they r not well trained for it they will be lost with the smallest variation. Regarding ur case if u did send everything, just sit back and try to relax, i know it's not easy i've been there, u just want to know what is happening every second, so u've done what u've been asked to do, just wait now it will come, i am quite sure that ur case is sorted and it's somewhere between the stamping or the posting room, give it till the end of this week, if u won't get anything fax them with an urgent request.

Everybody this is the CC number : 01142074074 the fax number is : 01142076555 u can find them on their site as well as the work emails for eveyone according to first name letter.
All the best

Respect

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:16 pm

My Application Details

WP to Tier-1
(Indian Salary + UK Allowance)
Application Sent (by Special Delivery): 1-May-08
Received by HO: 2-May-08
Payment Processed: 2-May-08
Ref. No. Allocated: 2-May-08
Ref No. Received (by Post): 8-May-08
Approval Date: 4-Jun-08
Stamping Date: 9-Jun-08
Documents Received: 10-Jun-08 (by Special Delivery return envelope)
Days Taken: 41

WP to Tier-1

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:33 pm

dev how do u know about the proceedings with ur case at HO? i mean how did u get the info about the stage of ur applic

dev1234
Newly Registered

Post by dev1234 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:36 pm

While sendin the scanned copy for section AA, I asked about the status and the timelines. In reply to that my CW sent me a mail that he will atke decision today and then will send it to his manager.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:40 pm

so dev that means even i m rite about what the CC guy told me. so that means it does go to a manager for sign off. Tech it doesnt matter weather the case is straight forward or not. it will be finally approved by a manager regardless of decision.

so hopefully my application will be signed off by my manager this week and may be i shud receive docs by sat

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:48 pm

Suresh/vjs8in,

I provided the following

1. 12 monthly payslips of Indian Salary + 12 months Bank Statement (bank in India)
2. 12 monthly UK allowance statements + 12 months Bank statement (bank in UK)

My employer used to send me both Indian payslips and UK allowance statements by email regularly. On my request, the finance department in India printed them on A4 papers and put a small rubber stamp and initial on each of them including UK allowance slips.

I didn't submit any P-60 as it doesn't reflect the entire allowance I receive in UK.

Indian salary and UK allowance taken together I earned enough to claim 45 points.

Please note, you cannot apply any upliftment factor to ur indian salary earned during ur stay in UK.
vjs8in wrote:

WP to Tier-1

Kmore, Can you explain how you had applied and any information that you can share regarding the Previous Earnings bit. I am in the similar situation and would like to know what you did.
I get a P-60, but it doesnt mention anything about tax paid, and I wont qualify with my allowance alone.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Suresh

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:21 pm

Hussain,
Today evening only, I got the response of the email I sent on Friday. it says 'The Work Permit Contact Centre no longer provides progress updates on
applications that are within our published service standards.
when a decision is made on your application, any
documents and accompanying decision letter will be returned to your
specified address.....
'
This response came well after I received my document.

So it confirms there is absolutely no impact of the email I sent.
hussainkothari wrote:Hi Kmore and Technonerve!

It seemd that both of ull had sent a fax to HO. Do you think the urgent request application helped you? I have travel plans as well. Although the HO would not consider this as urgent since the plan was made in advance. what do ull suggest ? Shall I fax too?

-H

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:22 pm

I would like to say something out of blues. I think this forum is GREAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I still havent got my application back but this forum has been a BIG help. Thanks to all

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:40 pm

Hussain can u update the list please

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:50 pm

Hussain,
I don't think u have anything to lose if u fax them an urgent request, but bear in mind that all of us who sent an urgent request we did have a name to send in to that's 1, and we all took excuse a request asked by the CW from us and at the end of the fax or the letter we asked if we could have our application looked at as a matter of urgency.
But if it was my application and u have something urgent to do and u can prove it to them, like for example sending a copy of ur tickets or something like that, they might accept it, at the end of the day they r human beings, worse case scenario they will shredd what u sent and forget about it but that will wake them up on ur application.
Regarding what i sent, my case as i said was already with a caseworker and i sent what they need nearly on the spot, but yes i do think that they considered my request as i called after and they told me ur case has been dealt urgently when i asked if they received my fax.
i hope this is helpful, but u will get it soon as long as ur documents and ur application is correct there's no reason y u shouldn't get it (again it's a new system)

kmore97 wrote:Hussain,
Today evening only, I got the response of the email I sent on Friday. it says 'The Work Permit Contact Centre no longer provides progress updates on
applications that are within our published service standards.
when a decision is made on your application, any
documents and accompanying decision letter will be returned to your
specified address.....
'
This response came well after I received my document.

So it confirms there is absolutely no impact of the email I sent.
hussainkothari wrote:Hi Kmore and Technonerve!

It seemd that both of ull had sent a fax to HO. Do you think the urgent request application helped you? I have travel plans as well. Although the HO would not consider this as urgent since the plan was made in advance. what do ull suggest ? Shall I fax too?

-H

Technonerve

Post by Technonerve » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:10 pm

Well all what i was saying is based on my opinion and on my small experience, because the letter i got is form the CW and she approved the case with her signature on the approval letter, although she is talking in plural "we" but i do think again if a case is straight forward it can be done by one CW and that's what they said on their website when they mention "straight forward cases" again the logic states they need to triage the applications to see firstly if they r straight forward or not, and if they r not they need a different opinion, so for instance, a CW will start on a case and if it is straight forward he.she got everything needed, y confirm it with a manager?! unless possibly they r doing training for CWs, equally if there's a query about the funds i do think that the CW will speak with someone more senior to confirm, it's exactly when u get a visa from the british embassy, someone will check ur papers, second u'll pay third u wait and they get u ur passport stamped. but if there's more than 1 person working on ur case y don't they all sign?! it's only signed by one person.
I dunno if i am speaking sense but that's my logic and i am sharing. But bear in mind that not all the people work similarly, ie some of them might take tea breaks and coffee breaks more than the others :D
vipul1981 wrote:so dev that means even i m rite about what the CC guy told me. so that means it does go to a manager for sign off. Tech it doesnt matter weather the case is straight forward or not. it will be finally approved by a manager regardless of decision.

so hopefully my application will be signed off by my manager this week and may be i shud receive docs by sat

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:44 pm

techno I don't think u carefully read what I wrote. I never said decision is not taken by 1 person. I only said that once decision is taken before going for stamping, it goes for final authorization from a manager which would make perfect send to me

aamirmalik

please reply

Post by aamirmalik » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:00 am

dear friends please help me out and give me an advice...

I am a student here in uk and i have applied for tier 1 general on 15 May. My case is about to be assigned to a case worker. I came here in uk in January2005. students are allowed to claim points on the salary earned before the start of study. therefore i sent pay slips from JANUARY 2004 to december 2004 along with the tax documents. These tax documents cover the whole period. one of the case on trackitt has been refused saying 'tax documents are rarely be of use' and his case was similar to my case.

Kindly advice me will i be refused. My case will be decided in next 2 week hopefuly...

Guys please comment on my case.....thanks u alll

ps992000
Newly Registered

Post by ps992000 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:10 am

Hi,

I have been silent reader of this forum and found it very helpful in this stressful period of waiting for documents & Tier 1 result.
My details are:
Applied on: 12 May
Credit Card charged: 13 May
Reference # letter dated: 13 May
Result: Waiting ... :?: