ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOCUMENTS RETURN REQUEST

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alijawad786
Mood:
United Kingdom

DOCUMENTS RETURN REQUEST

Post by alijawad786 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:40 am

Hi All,

i applied for Citizenship on 15th December. so far i already had finger prints done and my fee taken

can i request home office to return my passport and BRP as i need them to apply another part time job

please comment and recommend

thanks
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: DOCUMENTS RETURN REQUEST

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:22 am

alijawad786 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:40 am
Hi All,

i applied for Citizenship on 15th December. so far i already had finger prints done and my fee taken

can i request home office to return my passport and BRP as i need them to apply another part time job

please comment and recommend

thanks
Did you not apply via the new system sopra? I was under the impression they dont retain your documents anymore?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

alijawad786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijawad786 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:42 am

hi there,

no i applied using Paper Application form. which i posted with application fee plus the supporting documents.
thanks
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D

jellybean19
United Kingdom

Post by jellybean19 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi

I too applied via paperform UKM form and sent of documents, end of Dec 2018. Today I had my biometrics done. Am wondering when I can ask for documents back as would like my passport back asap. Or how soon they will be returned in my pre paid tracked/special delivery envelope i also sent to them

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kmlenna » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:24 pm

jellybean19 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:42 pm
Hi

I too applied via paperform UKM form and sent of documents, end of Dec 2018. Today I had my biometrics done. Am wondering when I can ask for documents back as would like my passport back asap. Or how soon they will be returned in my pre paid tracked/special delivery envelope i also sent to them
Hi, you need to fill up the ROD online form...this is the link https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

I did request for my passport on 25-01-19 and was sent it back to me on 31-01-19...if you need it urgently...you have to write and explain in the online form why you need it urgently because mostly it takes 10 working days or more to return the documents if it’s not urgently needed...

jellybean19
United Kingdom

Post by jellybean19 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am

kmlenna wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:24 pm
jellybean19 wrote:
Hi

Hi, you need to fill up the ROD online form...this is the link https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

I did request for my passport on 25-01-19 and was sent it back to me on 31-01-19...if you need it urgently...you have to write and explain in the online form why you need it urgently because mostly it takes 10 working days or more to return the documents if it’s not urgently needed...
Thank you kmlenna for reply. My husband wants to have a mini break in Europe for my birthday present in March. So, it's driving him nuts me not having my passport lol - which isn't helping me with my stress levels them having all my documents :) Just didn't want to ask to early and I'm hoping I can still travel on my usa passport too.

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:27 am

Does requesting your passport back create further delays? (I don't know the answer to that). I'd personally not want to mess about with my application for a vacation unless I was certain it won't affect the timescales on the decision on my application.

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kmlenna » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:40 am

Nerazzuri wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:27 am
Does requesting your passport back create further delays? (I don't know the answer to that). I'd personally not want to mess about with my application for a vacation unless I was certain it won't affect the timescales on the decision on my application.
Well in my case it’s urgent, I did request my passport back for the purpose of taking a new English language qualification test, which is requested by my case worker. Aside from filling up the ROD online form I did write a letter to my case worker also and got my passport back after 4 working days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:57 am

jellybean19 wrote:
Hi

You should be aware that the members posting about requesting documents back are in the UK and applied for citizenship using form AN after 5 years residence and holding permanent residence (ILR/PR).

You have applied under a very different route, with different rules, laws and requirements and it might not be possible to get your documents back unless it is an exceptional and compassionate reason, ie not a holiday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jellybean19
United Kingdom

Post by jellybean19 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:57 am
jellybean19 wrote:
Hi

You should be aware that the members posting about requesting documents back are in the UK and applied for citizenship using form AN after 5 years residence and holding permanent residence (ILR/PR).

You have applied under a very different route, with different rules, laws and requirements and it might not be possible to get your documents back unless it is an exceptional and compassionate reason, ie not a holiday.
Thanks ,I'm in the UK too. I've told hubby this before re waiting for documents. The advisor on the phone lines say can request back after 6-8 weeks, but I don't want to mess up application. Yes, my route is different (UKM) I've lived here since 5 months old and was on my mum's passport way back then. I've got ILR stamps in all my previous passports and have been travelling with current and previous passport with ILR. Hubby said we'd go after ceremony takes place( once I've been accepted) - but I'm not sure even with USA passport I'd be ok to travel, then apply to british passport after we returned, as I've read once again I'd have to send in my current usa passport along with certificate ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:50 am

jellybean19 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:47 am
CR001 wrote:
jellybean19 wrote:
Hi

Thanks ,I'm in the UK too. I've told hubby this before re waiting for documents. The advisor on the phone lines say can request back after 6-8 weeks, but I don't want to mess up application. Yes, my route is different (UKM) I've lived here since 5 months old and was on my mum's passport way back then. I've got ILR stamps in all my previous passports and have been travelling with current and previous passport with ILR. Hubby said we'd go after ceremony takes place( once I've been accepted) - but I'm not sure even with USA passport I'd be ok to travel, then apply to british passport after we returned, as I've read once again I'd have to send in my current usa passport along with certificate ?
You should keep your questions in the UKM specific topic to avoid confusion.

You are free to travel once you get your documents back. Not sure why you think you will have an issue.

Correct. When you apply for the passport, you must send your original US passport and certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jellybean19
United Kingdom

Post by jellybean19 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:56 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:50 am
jellybean19 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:47 am
CR001 wrote:
jellybean19 wrote:
Hi

You should keep your questions in the UKM specific topic to avoid confusion.

You are free to travel once you get your documents back. Not sure why you think you will have an issue.

Correct. When you apply for the passport, you must send your original US passport and certificate.
Thank you. I'm grateful for all advise :) Sorry, re UKM topic. I suffer with anxiety and this is pushing it to another level right now, even to lack of sleep. So, trying to ask questions with aim to reducing it.