ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

National Insurance Gap - ILR Due

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raj0419
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

National Insurance Gap - ILR Due

Post by raj0419 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:49 pm

Hello,

Very quick question. I had checked my HMRC records and I saw 1 year (2014-15) gap in national insurance gap.

I checked with HMRC by call and got to know I landed in country 26 January 2015 and my salary started from that day, so I only paid NI contribution for Jan (6 days), Feb, Mar 15 and that's why it shows gap in national insurance. I have option to pay voluntary contribution for NI. But I want to know if I don't pay voluntary contribution for NI is that any impact on my ILR which is due in Dec 2019.

Thanks in advance.
regards,

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: National Insurance Gap - ILR Due

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:04 pm

raj0419 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:49 pm
Hello,

Very quick question. I had checked my HMRC records and I saw 1 year (2014-15) gap in national insurance gap.

I checked with HMRC by call and got to know I landed in country 26 January 2015 and my salary started from that day, so I only paid NI contribution for Jan (6 days), Feb, Mar 15 and that's why it shows gap in national insurance. I have option to pay voluntary contribution for NI. But I want to know if I don't pay voluntary contribution for NI is that any impact on my ILR which is due in Dec 2019.

Thanks in advance.
regards,
No. The clue is in the word 'voluntary'. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

raj0419
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: National Insurance Gap - ILR Due

Post by raj0419 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:43 am

Thank you for your reply