ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REFUSED! PAST EARNINGS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucky123

REFUSED! PAST EARNINGS

Post by lucky123 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:46 pm

Hi all
I just got my decision letter but its a refusal. Am planning to appeal immediately because i scored 50 points for my work experience and education. However when it reached my past earnings i think the case worker was mistaken so he said i should have earned the equivalent of 40,000 pounds last year, yet my country is in Category E. My question is that is this true because all my guideline notes i was reading say that i require a minmum of 3,500. I think since i am in country applicant they thought i was earning that income from UK.
So should i request for review and if so should i pay for it or i was the one mistaken and the requirements have changed? Please help.
Lucky 123

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:20 pm

where is your country of residence? this is what they use to judge the category of your earnings.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:42 pm

Alagomeji wrote:where is your country of residence? this is what they use to judge the category of your earnings.
No. They use the country where you eraned your income!
Where there is a will there is a way.

lucky123

Post by lucky123 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:29 pm

so which one do i use! i just come tu UK this year and applied using my country that is in category E where i have spent the best part of the year.

Saint

Post by Saint » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:31 pm

Sorry to hear that lucky123; but it seems to be a mistake/misunderstanding so I would go for an unpaid review first. However note that if you earned part of the last 12 months' income in a country and the other part in another country, points are not allocated "only" according to the lower band country. Check the docs if this is the case.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:03 pm

yes i concur with saint. note that your earnings points calculations will be prorated based on how much time you spent in both countries over the past 12 months prior to your application. so you ought to have submitted documents evidencing your earnings in UK for the no. of months you earned income there and docs on months you also earned income in your previous country. in short simply put you will have 2 income bands to be rated on.
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

narveer

Post by narveer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:47 pm

Hi Saint and Lightpace,
According to my understanding income is evaluated on the basis of where you have been paid for maximum no of months. For example if you were paid your salary in Country X for 5 months and you were paid Salary in Country Y for 7 Months then Country Y will be considered. You have to round off the earnings in Country Y and have to calculate the average salary for a year.
ie Earnings in Y/7 X 12 = Your Earnings in an Year.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:58 pm

lucky123 wrote:Hi all
I just got my decision letter but its a refusal. Am planning to appeal immediately because i scored 50 points for my work experience and education. However when it reached my past earnings i think the case worker was mistaken so he said i should have earned the equivalent of 40,000 pounds last year, yet my country is in Category E. My question is that is this true because all my guideline notes i was reading say that i require a minmum of 3,500. I think since i am in country applicant they thought i was earning that income from UK.
So should i request for review and if so should i pay for it or i was the one mistaken and the requirements have changed? Please help.
Lucky 123
1. On what date (month/yr will do) did you submit your HSMP application?

2. What are the dates/months in your 12 month income matrix?

3. Which/ how many months of the 12 in the income matrix are covered by/under country E earnings?

4. Which/ how many months of the 12 in the income matrix are covered by/under country A earnings?

lucky123

Post by lucky123 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:57 pm

Saint wrote:Sorry to hear that lucky123; but it seems to be a mistake/misunderstanding so I would go for an unpaid review first. However note that if you earned part of the last 12 months' income in a country and the other part in another country, points are not allocated "only" according to the lower band country. Check the docs if this is the case.

Yes saint i think it was a mistake and am planning to resubmit for review. I was wondering if unpaid review is ever considered because many members seem to have got no replies. Is there any one you know who got approval for unpaid review?

lucky123

Post by lucky123 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:03 pm

Kayalami
YOUR QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED.

1.On what date (month/yr will do) did you submit your HSMP application?
-Application submitted on the 17/02/05

2. What are the dates/months in your 12 month income matrix?
-January 2004 to December 2004.

3. Which/ how many months of the 12 in the income matrix are covered by/under country E earnings?
12 months/ ALL MONTHS

4. Which/ how many months of the 12 in the income matrix are covered by/under country A earnings?
NONE because am not working presently am a student.

PLEASE ADVICE ON WHAT TYPE OF REVIEW I SHOULD SUBMIT BECAUSE I SEE SO MANY REVIEWS WHICH ARE UN PAID HAVE NOT GOT ANY COMMUNICATION. MAY BE THEY HAVE TURNED APPLICANTS INTO A MONEY MAKING SCHEME OF SORTS!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:55 pm

lucky123,

Eh - easy on the CAPS!!

Based on your response it appears that the caseworker has made a serious error. Write back pointing out this error and clearly stating you are requesting a review that is not based on new data but on initially submitted information that has been incorrectly asessed - this is free. Naturally enclose evidence of such as initially submitted i.e. your wage slips etc. Likewise while you have a right to be upset make sure your letter is polite and send it by special delivery/ courier for tracking purposes. Out of interest what documents did you submit for evidence of earnings?

By the way a student who is approved for HSMP in country can only switch/ get FLR based on this HSMP (aka IED) after graduating from the UK insitution. Your in country HSMP approval is not valid for an HSMP visa/entry clearance at an overseas British Diplomatic Post - check the forum on posts by "rella" whose spouse had major issues with this. Is the HSMP approval likely to expire before your graduation?