ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 Experience

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cdare
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 Experience

Post by cdare » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Hey there,

My wife (US citizen) and I (Irish citizen) are planning on moving back to Ireland in the summer. The helpful people at Citizen's Information explained the Stamp 4 process to me, but told me whether or not the stamp is granted is at the discretion of the GNIB.

What experience have other people had with this? Was it easy to get the stamp? We've been married for almost 2 years and I have an Irish bank account to prove I won't be a burden on the state!

Thanks...

Frances1978
Newly Registered

Post by Frances1978 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:27 pm

I found it extremely easy to get a stamp 4 based on marriage to an irish national (in comparison to getting a spouse visa for my home country!).

Arrived at the border and went through with my spouse. Showed our marriage certificate to the immigration officer and told to register with a GNIB officer within the month. Rang up before to find out what we needed to bring in. This was both passports, our marriage certificate and proof of address (not looked at). After a quick look at the passports and marraige certificate I was issued with a stamp 4 for 1 year. We can ask for the remaining 4 years next year when we go in. Incredibly easy for Ireland based on what I'm reading on these boards!

cdare
Newly Registered

Post by cdare » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Frances1978 wrote:(in comparison to getting a spouse visa for my home country!)............
I went through the whole K1 process to get to the US, which explains my skepticism! Thanks for the reply, that's encouraging to hear.