ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problems getting appointment for Italian Visa - London

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dabs
Newly Registered

Problems getting appointment for Italian Visa - London

Post by dabs » Tue May 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi

I tried to book an appointment this morning for a tourist visa to travel to italy. I have a ticket to travel on the 23 June and retun on the 30 June 2008.

I have been a permanent resident in the UK (with a Nigerian passport), residing in London for the past 26 years. The next appointment date available is in August (2 months after my travel date). I have tried to call the London office to speak to someone but I have no luck. Everytime I select the operator option (between 3-4.30pm) I am greeted by a machine that just keeps repeating the opening hours then hangs up.

Can I please get some advice with regarding any other options I may have to get an appointment?

Many thanks and much appreciated

dabs
[/b]

giruzz

Post by giruzz » Wed May 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Good luck!

Nothing much you can do...there are the same waiting times for French and Dutch.

g.

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Re: Problems getting appointment for Italian Visa - London

Post by RobinLondon » Wed May 21, 2008 2:12 pm

dabs wrote:I have been a permanent resident in the UK (with a Nigerian passport), residing in London for the past 26 years. The next appointment date available is in August (2 months after my travel date)
Hmm, maybe it might be time to consider applying for British citizenship to put this inconvenience behind you once and for all...

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Re: Problems getting appointment for Italian Visa - London

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Wed May 21, 2008 2:53 pm

RobinLondon wrote:
dabs wrote:I have been a permanent resident in the UK (with a Nigerian passport), residing in London for the past 26 years. The next appointment date available is in August (2 months after my travel date)
Hmm, maybe it might be time to consider applying for British citizenship to put this inconvenience behind you once and for all...
That may prove more time consuming
Third World Traveller

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:40 pm

I am having the same problem! I booked my flight and hotel for 18th july to 23rd and cannot cancel this holiday!

The earliest appointment is in august. this is ridiculous. i never imagined it would take this long.

i cant speak to anyone. no one answers the phone just electronic system. i will check the system every day for cancellations :(