ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization application refused in 2015 - should i apply for reconsideration?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naruto
Malta

Naturalization application refused in 2015 - should i apply for reconsideration?

Post by naruto » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Dear all,

I need some advice here regarding my NR application,

I was refused on my nationality application back in 2015 due to a good character requirement, as i had an impending prosecution case '' outstanding court case'' however the HO refused my Nationality, as the case took so long therefore the HO refused my application based on a good character.

Furthermore, the impending prosecution case finally came through and i was found not guilty in court and i have proof from the court of being acquitted and found not guilty. also i hav
e a proof from my solicitor and the police that i was found not guilty and never been convicted so my name is on the clear.

My question here is if apply for a Reconsideration, what are my best option? as on my refusal letter they said i may re-apply at anytime as long as i make sure that i have no impending prosecution with the police or the court system.

should I apply for a reconsideration or new naturalisation application?

Please advice.
Thank you.
LaDolceVita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization application refused in 2015 - should i apply for reconsideration?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm

It is a new application you need to make.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Naturalization application refused in 2015 - should i apply for reconsideration?

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 pm

I think that there is a possibility of a reconsideration succeeding, though they may require more evidence (proof of residence till now, etc).
Page 4 of Form NR wrote:We may reopen applications where:-
...we refused your application on character grounds due to a criminal conviction which was either later quashed on appeal or involved a case of mistaken identity (i.e. you were not the person convicted of the offence)...
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 pm

As Simon mentioned you have good chances now
Just add much proof as possible about that case

If you can wait then apply for reconsideration as it takes many many month

If you have money then make new application

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am

HI all,

Thanks for your reply peeps, I think so too ......as i asked a solicitor today and he said I have a good chance in applying for a reconsideration so fingers crossed it gets approved.

its just the time factor and i know this will take forever to get processed and a new application might be even faster.....

Many Thanks....
LaDolceVita

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Dear All,

I have applied for A reconsideration NR, around the end October 2018, however the Home Office Took the payment out of my account on 14-01-2019.....

I was wondering if anyone have been in this situation before as in when they take the money dose that mean its undergoing process, or any news coming my way soon!!!

plz advise.

Kind Regards.
LaDolceVita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 am

naruto wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:17 pm
Dear All,

I have applied for A reconsideration NR, around the end October 2018, however the Home Office Took the payment out of my account on 14-01-2019.....

I was wondering if anyone have been in this situation before as in when they take the money dose that mean its undergoing process, or any news coming my way soon!!!

plz advise.

Kind Regards.
The fee is taken regardless of outcome.

Reconsiderations have not timeframe, HO can take as long as they feel they need to and all you can do is wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Paulke
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Paulke » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:10 pm

From a day money have been collected wait 2 or 3 months home office will be in touch.