ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Ancestry Online System Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

symo85
Newly Registered
Australia

SET(O) Ancestry Online System Question

Post by symo85 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Hi all,

Hope this is in the right place and not doubling up etc...have read a load of posts and information on the site here but still have a couple of questions, some of which arise from the new online system.

My wife and I are applying for ILR through 5yrs residence on an Ancestry visa having been in the UK since 2014, my wife has the same ancestry visa based on my grandfather.

Documentation:

Other evidence of xxxx's reasons for absences from the UK
I know ancestry is exempt from requiring reasons to absences, but the form asks for it...will a letter from myself suffice stating they were holidays (as commented individually for each absence entered)? Form doesn’t ask for my wife’s absences (90% the same as my own, but a couple of differences), should I list / explain in the letter as well?

Payslips
My payslips are via an online system at work, will PDFs of these suffice? (obviously will be on top of bank statements and letter from employer re employment status)

Evidence of xxxx's immigration status in the UK
At first I thought this was just asking for my current visa (which for me is stuck in my passport, not a card)...but I don’t see anywhere that it asks specifically for birth/marriage certificates up the chain, is this where they should go?

Cheers
Symo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(O) Ancestry Online System Question

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:06 pm

I know ancestry is exempt from requiring reasons to absences, but the form asks for it...will a letter from myself suffice stating they were holidays (as commented individually for each absence entered)? Form doesn’t ask for my wife’s absences (90% the same as my own, but a couple of differences), should I list / explain in the letter as well?
Not required.
Payslips
My payslips are via an online system at work, will PDFs of these suffice? (obviously will be on top of bank statements and letter from employer re employment status)
Should be ok, get them stamped and signed by HR or a letter 'to authenticate' them.
At first I thought this was just asking for my current visa (which for me is stuck in my passport, not a card)...but I don’t see anywhere that it asks specifically for birth/marriage certificates up the chain, is this where they should go?
Just your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

symo85
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: SET(O) Ancestry Online System Question

Post by symo85 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 am

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:06 pm
Not required.
Is this a case of the fancy new online system that customises to what category you tell it you are still being a little too general?
CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:06 pm
Just your visa.
Oh, I thought I read you needed to provide the birth/marriage certificates again when replying for ILR...not the case?

Also, meant to include this in my first post:

Just wanted to confirm we both use the same application?
That’s the way we have filled in the form thus far, it lists my wife as SET(O) Partner. Interesting thing is, it more or less focuses on me. E.g. it asks how much rent I pay and what my income is (I have put my half of the rent and my pay), but it doesn’t then ask for my wife’s rent/income...is that the correct way to go about it?