ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home details evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Home details evidence

Post by arsenal16 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi,

In the Home Details section, the form asks if you rent or own your home. We live with parents.

The form says:

You only need to provide this evidence if you are responsible for some housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax.

I cannot continue without ticking the boxes to confirm I will provide proof of property ownership, ID of owner, letter to confirm you live there etc.

Am I right in thinking I don't need to provide any of this if I am NOT responsible for any housing costs?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Home details evidence

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:08 am

You do NOT need to provide any evidence.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:40 pm

That's great thanks, just what I thought.

One more question regarding employer declaration. Both my wife and myself are employed by my limited company, of which I am a director.

This means any declaration would have to be written by me. Is there any point in providing a declaration written by me to myself?!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 pm

NO need for such declaration
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:51 pm

Thank you again.

I have my appointment at a UKVCAS centre next week.

One final question which I still can't make my mind on.

My wife has a B1.1 certificate CEFR from Trinity College London, issued in 2014.

I have used this for my last 2 successful FLR M applications, most recent one being about 2 years ago.

Gov guidance suggests that on this basis, and also because Trinity College is still on the current list, this certificate will be accepted.

I just can't decide whether it's worth taking the risk or just doing the SELT test!

If I do use the existing certificate and home office reject it, will they give me opportunity to do the test or will they may me reapply and pay £3k again?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:52 pm

That certificate will be accepted

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Thanks.

Had UKVCAS appointment today. The advisor took scans of passports and residence permit but didn't check a single one of my other documents!

She confirmed the application has been submitted however when I log on to UKVCAS website it still allows me to upload files and also remove files that have already been uploaded!

This can't be right? Surely for security, this feature would be locked once application has been submitted by UKVCAS?

I've also not received any confirmation email of the application being submitted.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:08 pm

That is the feature that allows you to upload evidence after you applied. You will NOT get a confirmation email either. No need to worry

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:39 pm

Pleasant update - received an email this morning from HO to confirm the application was successful. I went for the UKVCAS appointment on Fri so very quick service.

For reference, in case it helps anyone in the future:

- I used old English test certificate from 2014 with no SELT reference, on the basis that provider was still on the list (Trinity) and it has been used in my last 2 successful visa applications.

- I did not provide any home owner evidence on the basis that I am not responsible for any housing costs.

- I provided a covering letter with explanations of everything.

PS Zimba, thanks for your help in answering all my questions so quickly!

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:58 pm

Also, am i right in saying my wife can apply to become a British citizen straight after getting her IRL?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:48 pm

arsenal16 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:58 pm
Also, am i right in saying my wife can apply to become a British citizen straight after getting her IRL?
If you were British by that time, then yes.