ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any June application for T1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

carriew
Newly Registered

Any June application for T1?

Post by carriew » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi all I'd applied last week and money was already taken out of my account on the 5th. I 've read from other threads that people usually receive a letter with reference no. within 1-2 days. It's 3 days now for my case but no letter yet should I worry about it?? :?

Apparently the queue is moving really slow recently, but most of the threads I've read so far were posted around April. Can fellow new applicants share their thoughts on here? It's better to share our worries I think :wink:

tcr008
Newly Registered

Post by tcr008 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi Carriew

I sent my application on the 29th of May, it was marked as received on the 30th and I only got my reference number via post yesterday (9th of June)!

For your reference I paid with a cheque so that would have added a good three to five days or so, so I wouldn't stress too much about it. The lady on the phone (who was very lovely) said that they do have a massive backlog that they are working overtime to get through, so keep that in mind. I'd give them a call if you're really worried though.

Best wishes

A.

carriew
Newly Registered

Post by carriew » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:42 pm

thanks for letting me know about this. it's a huge relieve off my shoulder now :) BTW how do you contact the Agency? I tried to ring their number on the website for work permit but nobody ever picks it up :(

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:03 pm

Between guys, have you guys given you house address for all the communication, and you said that you got the reference number by courier, which courier service do they send the reference number from.

While applying for the application i beleive we need to give the application to the VFS office and they send it to uk, pls correct me if am wrong.

It would be great if you guys can tell me the steps involved in submitting the application, starting from beginning...

Thanks for all ur help in advance..

tcr008
Newly Registered

Post by tcr008 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Carriew:

I've had no pickup at certain times also, usually around lunch. However, do you get through, hear a recorded message, and then hear a ringing tone? Keep on the ringing tone and eventually someone will pick up! They don't have hold music there for some curious reason. This is the number I've reached them on: 01142074074.

Coolsats:

I'm not sure about applications outside of the UK (I've not even received my visa yet!) but I received my reference number by post, not courier, to my home address. I imagine that if there was no one home they would arrange another time for you, if it is to be sent by the courier.

Best wishes

A.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:10 am

Hi guys,

Tier 1 forms sent( Extension of leave): 2/06/08 -special delivery
Card charged: 3/06/08
Ref no received by first class mail: 4/06/08
It said that it will take about 28 days for the case worker to process it.

Thanks

carriew
Newly Registered

Post by carriew » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:42 am

gidoc: i posted only one day after you but still haven't got the reference number so far. Think I better ring them at the number given by tcr008 :(

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:55 pm

Carriew,
Why dont you check if your card has been charged, that will tell you . Some people have got the letter late, so dont worry.
Thanks