ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION ISSUES

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

momofone
Newly Registered

BRITISH PASSPORT APPLICATION ISSUES

Post by momofone » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:31 am

Morning guys,

I launched my British PP application on 24th April and my 6th week mark will be up this Thursday. My main concern is that I'm based in Scotland and whenever I phone the office, I first of all get transferred to the England office then they transfer me to the Glasgow office.

Now here is my main problem, every time I phone them just to check on the progress of my application, they're always contradicting themselves. At one point four weeks ago when I phoned them, they told me that my PP was being printed and last week, told me that they were doing checks on my PP application.

Then last nite, a guy from the England office told me to phone the Glasgow office when they open at nine because he could see it on screen that they needed to confirm something with me.Now, he told me that the notice was put on the computer on Friday and they have ALL my contact details including my email address…surely, if they wanted to contact me if it was urgent, why did they not bother to phone me for confirmation???

This morning when I phoned the Glasgow office, I was simply told that there was NOTHING on screen that states that I should phone them!!-Talk about being told one thing and another!!

I don't know what to do anymore, I spoke to my solicitor for his advice and he told me that I should keep phoning them this week and if I still don't get anywhere by Friday, he'll get in touch with them himself from next week and even launch a complaint!!

I'm I the only one who thinks that these offices are incompetent???

Having received my naturalisation certificate, I'm no expert but I'd have thought that with the extensive checks that the do before you get your certitificate, surely with passports, it would have been straight forward!!

Is anyone else having this problem? :roll: