ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfank123
Newly Registered
England

British Citizenship delay

Post by irfank123 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi All,

I applied for British Citizenship (NDRS + JCAP) in October for me and my wife on 31st October.

I received the naturalisation letter for myself on 20th January and had my ceremony yesterday. I haven't received any letter for my wife yet :(

I checked with the council but they haven't received my wife's certificate yet so I can conclude its not an issue of incorrect postal address.

I am surprised and worried why is there a big delay. Any thoughts?

P.S - I have emailed citizenship support 8 days ago but no response yet. I cannot call them as the standard application processing time is 6 months so I will not get a status before May.

Regards,
Irfan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship delay

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:17 pm

1. There is NO 'dependent' concept for citizenship.

2. EACH applicant has to meet the requirements on their own and individually. So presumably your wife holds ILR for 12 months and was physically present in the UK in 2013 on the same date that she applied for citizenship and that she does not have excessive absences.

3. Just because you got approval, does not guarantee she will.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.